UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

Jeremy Vine prog was talking about rats at lunchtime,  apparently there's an awful lot of them about so we aren't alone.  They are even going up to people with food and trying to get some! The general consensus seemed to be it's useless to put out traps, because once you've caught one rat the others will avoid them like the plague.  Shooting or poison..and neither appeal, so our rats will just have to get on with being rats.  They did say the important thing is to make absolutely sure they can't get in the house and so far as I can see they can't.

Hope you get to see, like and buy the car blackmagic.

Good luck with the car Blackmagic.

We've never seen any rats round here and given how much bird food I put out, and we're quite rural, I think I've probably been lucky. Though good luck with their chances if they got into the house with three terriers here.

Another hot and sunny day, though it was forecast to be cloudy. This better not be our summer lol.

How's Ruby feeling today Yantan?

And how is your mum Griff?

My son phoned earlier.  Told me he hadn't said anything before as he didn't want to worry me but they were all called to a meeting last week and told they were going to be made redundant! As you can imagine, minor hysterics on my part..he's got three kids and a mortgage to pay.  Anyway, they had another meeting today and he was offered either redundancy which amounts to about 15K or the choice of another job, slightly less pay than he had (he was a supervisor) with the option if after 4 weeks he didn't like it, he could still take his redundancy.  He's opted for that, but he's looking around for something else.  He's a welder by trade, and a very good one, but age isn't on his side any more, he'll be 53 in August.  Oh, I wish I could win the ruddy Lottery! 

Suzeanna...sorry to hear about your son

Eve, mums still in hospital...had a bad few days, being lied to and messed about and now this evening we have found someone has stolen£65 out of her purse...it was there 2 days ago and it's staff as nobody else can walk! It's also been done at night so whilst she is sleeping....I can't express how angry I am. I haven't bored you all but yantan knows the whole sorry mess...I am very very stressed and bloody angry

• Sad 1

Griff, that's terrible! I must confess, when I've been in hospital I've made sure to leave my bank card at home and only take in the minimum amount of money.  I usually distrust other patients though, wouldn't have thought the staff would be so dishonest..not to mention stupid, as it can surely only be narrowed down to whoever was on duty that night?

She was carted off in an ambulance with blue lights...I was just told to get an overnight bag, her handbag and a phone charger, it didn't occur to me to check how much money was in her purse... it's listed on her inventory.  £20, 4x £10 and £5. They just said if I want to take it further... contact pals.

To be honest, this is the cherry on the top! She was told the other day she was going to respite...  Basically oap home, then they said she was being transferred to a rehab unit at another hospital, would have her own room and would be allowed visitors.. doesn't sound right so I called the hospital, errrrr that's no! Closed site no visiting so they lied to her, then today, she was told she was going to rugby, fine.. about 30minutes drive but we can do that in the evening, told she was going after lunch so she said don't drop my clothes off....o.k, then I got a phone call...she isn't going to rugby today..o.k, she asked would it be tomorrow?? No, you aren't going there anymore, they are sending my 62year old mum to an oap home!!! We are not happy and it gets worse! She needs a hospital bed whilst she is there, it's on order, if it isn't there in time and someone needs her bed at the hospital, they are going to take her to rugby then when the bed arrives fetch her all the way back here to the oap home!! I told her to pack her stuff, I will go get her and look after her myself!! Honestly, the theft is just the absolute end of my patience. If I could have got hold of the physio I would have happily kicked sh*t out of them, my whole day and I mean literally my whole day has been taken up keeping friends family and work mates updated, no sooner do they tell her one lie... another follows!

im sorry to hear that. hospitals are terrible for that, all of that!

sorry about your son, but at least that money will keep him going while he finds something else

we took it in turns to not be able to sleep. problem with yorkies, they like everyone awake with them, so im shattered

have a safe warm day xxxx

Griff, I'm a bit lost here.  They want to send a woman who can't walk yet to an old people's home? What sort of doctors and nurses do they have there? None, I bet, it'll be all care workers on minimum wage who don't know the first thing about medical care.  I don't see their reasoning! As presumably your mum is in full possession of her mental abilities they can't just shove her around like a parcel with the wrong address on it! Either she needs medical care...in a HOSPITAL....or she doesn't, in which case she comes home.  If the meds they have her on have left her too confused to make her own decisions, then your dad needs to step in and sort it, she's his wife after all.

It seems to have stopped raining, for a while at least.  Meant to be about 23 today and humid..sounds delightful! Eve, send some of your sun down would you?

Apparently they use the old people's home for rehabilitation Suzeanna. She is going somewhere today, ambulance booked for 11am... it's a 4 hr slot...I have no clue where she's going...I am guessing the oap home.

She has her full mental faculties....and believe me...she went nuts lol. She just can't weight bare through her right leg as it's so swollen, red and sore, they said the infection has gone and the problem is now inflammation...I don't really believe that, her left leg is fine... slimmer than its been in years but the right....more swollen than when she left here!

The council-run OAP home in Worksop also has a rehab section with suitable facilities, and sometimes younger people go there after accidents etc.

After a cold damp start the sun has come out. Meeting friend at reserve this evening, that will please Wispa. 

• Like 1

Glad you got a bit of sun Suzeanna as it departed here last evening and hasn't been since. Hoped it had gone to you. I'll have it back tomorrow though if you don't mind.

Hope you've found out where your mum's gone Griff, and it's a suitable place for her.