UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

It's difficult Owl, there's so many trolls out there. Just try to block as many of them as you can so you don't have to read their nonsense.

Hope the cream helps Jazz.

After a wet and dreary day yesterday it's back to being warm and sunny here. Got the housework out of the way yesterday so back to the garden today. Might even brave the queue at Morrisons later, oh the excitement lol.

Hope everyone has a good day, whatever you're up to xx

Not much going on here. Or, if there is, we are not in on it as we are stuck in the house.

The dog psychologist sorting Henry & May out has confirmed what we thought might happen. Henry and May should be permanently separated. May, as the younger, livelier one will be re-homed. The rescue are going to try and get Henry into a temporary foster home to get him out of kennels, even though they are great and he gets exercise and fun activities every day. However, as we are months away from being able to have him home we've said we won't stand in his way if the rescue decide re-homing is the best thing for him. They both deserve to be happy & settled after all they've been through.

What's left of Ruby's hair has started falling out. Her next chemo sesh is next Wednesday.

• Sad 1

Owl, sadly as the world wide Web is soooo large there's an abundance of idiots. Just try your best to ignore them

Marion, you have done the right thing for the dogs and the sad face was for ruby xx I hope the hair loss isn't affecting her too badly

You can block people you don't know easily enough but when it turns out that people you know face to face have extreme views it is a bit of a shock. I don't mean views which differ from mine. Some Fugees hold views different from mine, not a problem.  It is the sentimental yearning to get everything back to the 1940s when everything was allegedly perfect, from people who were not even born then which I find hard going.  One birdwatcher who I see around and have always got along with, blamed an appalling alcohol-fuelled vandalism of a WW1 memorial by a group of young males on our too-liberal society for removing the distinction between men and women. No idea how he worked that one out!   

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Oh dear Owl, that is a frankly pathetic view from that birdwatcher. I'm seeing way too many silly, idiotic, moronic, dangerous, outdated views on FB which only reminds me why I came off it previously. I've recently ditched my instagram and Twitter a/c's due to the extreme nature and nastiness of some peoples views. 

So let me see if I have this square.. back in the 40's ( Even though this particular person wasn't even born) there was no vandalism....the current vandalism caused by MEN is because women are now equals...is that right? I would suggest that the person might need sitting down and having someone assess them to see if they are actually capable of looking after themselves as that thinking is proper backwards! Had they said the vandalism was caused by women...there might have been some sense in a round about fashion in what they said...i.e, that quite a lot of younger women do behave in a similar fashion to younger men now.  Drinking to absolute excess ( as in passing out in the street), fighting, carrying knives etc. Regardless of who does what and why, the issue is quite straightforward in my eyes.....lack of parental interest and control. Had I defaced anything growing up and most likely still now, my parents would make sure my life was not worth living!! Probably explains why there was only one person who came to moan at my dad when we were growing up and even then we hadn't actually done anything wrong!

One thing that strikes me these days when I'm watching Tipping Point, or The Chase, is how many of the young people who have been to uni seem to know absolutely nothing about anything other than their chosen subject! A young man on TP today, asked which Scottish city did people called Dundonians come from replied Cardiff! The biggest irony was he went to uni in Aberystwych.  A woman about his age or maybe a bit older didn't know the French port from which hundreds of troops were rescued in WW2..she said world war history wasn't her thing. Speaking of irony the black student who wants the statue of Cecil Rhodes torn down got to uni on a Rhodes scholarship.  Makes me grateful I'm a lot nearer the end of my life than the beginning! 

Lucky you with sunshine Eve, it's like October outside here.  Cold wind blowing and raining, I've been a wuss and put the heating on!

Our rodents days are numbered, I've discovered that our local hardware store stocks rat traps.  Then I thought a bit more about it and now I feel guilty.  I was nearly in tears earlier reading about a pair of swans who have been shot, apparently just for fun. Now I intend to bump off the rats, I know they spread disease and all that, but aren't they entitled to their little lives too? Philip says they've got to go, he's a great fan of encouraging wildlife but it's getting silly now.  I think the one sitting calmly in the middle of the patio having a wash and brush up clinched it!

Suzeanna....I totally agree, sadly a lot of younger people do appear thick! We weren't taught about wwII at school but my grandparents and mum and dad made sure we knew and also my uncle is a right war buff. The fact that we have always gone to the legion means we have always been aware of both wars and sacrifices made, I also had friends who were in the war so used to talk to them about things...I was genuinely interested! 

Hmmmmm I kinda get Philips point however, my rule is, if they stay outside my house... They are welcome, set foot in my house and Mr trap has you! I absolutely hate it, it goes against what I feel about animals but I can't have an infestation in my house.

Some people are just downright weird at the moment. You're not allowed to have a sense of humour any more as it's bound to offend someone. I rarely engage with anyone on any social media platform any more unless it's family or close friends.

And I agree, Suzeanna, that many young people coming out of university are equipped for nothing to do with real life. I spent a lot of my working life in university management and saw the continual dumbing down of university degrees.

We often wondered what was taught nowadays as even the most basic  general knowledge was sadly lacking.

More days  of nothing much. All days are the same at th moment.

I went to a friend's barbecue  with DIL  and grandson the weekend before last. Only us and  them so within thee rules . We did socially distance until my grandson pointed out we were all sitting around a picnic bench - oops!

It made a welcome change.

Last March we had to change our car. Our 11 year old fabia had had it. We got an insignia which is a lovely car but big and I do not have good all round vision.  That wasn't a problem until I had to take over all the driving. 

I am now looking for a  smaller car- preferably another fabia estate as I know I like that. I had the intention of looking when I came down here but lockdown stopped that. At home the  nearest choice of garages is 100miles away.

I have been watching the websites but estates are few and far between and there is not much movement. It is   sales by appointment with social distancing or 'click and collect or home delivery.  I have my  eye on one and hope to go and see it at the weekend. 

• Like 1