UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

Aw, I hate that Owl when you go somewhere and plan on getting a meal only to find your too late.

We had a very frosty night and everything is white this morning. Me and Tye stayed in bed till 9am and he didn't bother me for his breakfast, which is usually served 7.30 to 8.00am. I figured we'll be getting a very disturbed night tonight with bloody fireworks so a lie-in this morning would set us up.

Ruby is going to take him for a walk today as I have started with a rattly cough and the cold might trigger an asthma attack. 

We took our Christmas tree and decs down yesterday. I can't bear having them up in the new year.

Anyone doing anything special for New Year? 

Awww owl, I hope you had some cake at the very least

Yantan...please take care xx and like you.... firework duty for me, probably why they wanted me home! Lol

Jazz, my parents hate new laptops phones etc, I don't mind so much

Hopefully going to meet Steve for a coffee later, if he can bother himself

I only put up a small number of decorations this year, I'll leave them up until 12th night.

I don't have a  problem with fireworks so far as Candy is concerned, just annoy me if I've managed to get to sleep!

Yantan, if that bloke is so universally disliked how did he get the job in the first place?

Griff I had some coffee and a coconut slice which is not my favourite but all remaining cakes had chocolate in or on them which rendered them owlproof.  But I am here again today in time for veg korma and staff packed me up some cake for later. I will be doing my usual late night trip to Blyth services on A1 and staying there until fireworks are over. 2 hours max at services but this year we have a separate area with Starbucks and KFC which is even closer to A1 so I can move to that car park later on. Only way we can get through fireworks without Wispa turning into a wrecking ball on legs is if we decamp to somewhere even louder.

• Sad 2

Owl...I hope you find the noise adequate at the services

I am going to try Pina colada for the first time shortly annnnnd it's pink!!! It's got grenadine in it lol

Steve is working, just hope he stays out of trouble, he won't tolerate drunken abusive people and I expect there will be a lot of them, he doesn't have to pick them up but people don't like it when he refuses

Don't the bus company have a policy on refusing drunks, Griff?  Surely they should, for the safety of the driver and other passengers.

I suddenly got a blinding headache earlier, just on one side.  Philip said it sounds like a migraine, but I don't usually suffer with those. Seems to be going off now, thank goodness.  The lymphedema in my left arm has got worse, it's very difficult to move my arm at the moment so I'm dreading the CT scan, you have to have your arms up above your head and I don't know if I can manage it!  

I hope everyone has a safe, quiet evening..no fireworks to frighten the dogs, and no hangovers for anyone going out on the booze.  

• Sad 1

Sorry for all those who are poorly. Hope Steve stays safe and scaredy dogs aren't too affected by fireworks. I don't really celebrate New Year but am usually up for the bells. Last night though I was asleep by 9 so awake by 2 ish this morning and didn't get back to sleep. I may be sparko by midnight tonight so in case I am I will wish everyone a Happy New Year in advance. Really hope 2020 is a better year for everyone xx

• Like 2

We are still at home. It is very foggy here and although fireworks have been going off intermittently including when Wispa just went into garden for a few minutes, no reaction so far. The fog seems to be muffling the sound and of course we cannot see the flashes and lights. Wispa's hearing is not what it was. We could get lucky if I keep the TV on loudish.  Paws crossed we may be able to sit this out on the warm as it's so cold out there and so foggy I would rather not drive, even up to the services.

Hope Steve won't have too much bother tonight. Sympathies to Jazz and Suzeanna, hope you both feel better soon.

• Like 2