UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

She is snuggled up in her armchair downstairs, with blanket over her. I have left a light on for her, and am leaving the heating on overnight. Will call vet in the morning. She may need anti-sickness shot. I don't want her to get dehydrated.

Sending more get well soon wishes to Wispa.

Hope you feel better soon too Jazz and Alexa starts behaving herself. Rain shouldn't have any effect on her.

Cloudy here but not too cold. None of the dogs wanted a long walk so we just had a potter around.

Hope your brother stops being a pain in the proverbial Griff and you avoid getting arrested for GBH or worse.

Today is non stop watching football so I'm just going to veg on the sofa apart from a few trips to the kitchen to warm up sausage rolls, haggis bonbons and other Christmas rubbish lol.

I don't blame you, Griff. 

We are well on the way back to what passes for normal in the owlery. Wispa lapped up the fishy soup I made for her, had a rest, toddled round the garden a couple of hours later all weak and wobbly, and demanded supper. So she had a half portion of her usual raw mince mixture and has gone back to bed.  This bug has really wiped her out but for now she just needs to rest and eat. 

I am sorry that I missed helping with a cattle drive on the reserve, but there will be another one before long.  Not the kind of cattle drive where steers stampede and folk go yeehaw, but a gentler one where we coax a bunch of easy going Lincoln Reds along the byway through the reserve from one field to another.  They would take all day if we let them, as they like to forage in hedges along the way.

• Like 1

I'm glad to read that Wispa is improving Owl but sorry you missed the cattle drive. 

Eve I like the sound of haggis bon-bons. It's nice to have a sofa day every once in a while.

I took Tye out this morning (bloody sick of numpty dog owners though who let their dogs run up to him when he's on-lead) and glad I did so early as the weather changed not long after. It's gone wet and cold. We were planning another walk this afternoon but decided to stay put. We might have a street walk before bed IF it isn't too wet.

We are having a warm-up Xmas dinner tonight and then tomorrow I will make a Turkey and ham pie with the left overs.

Have a nice evening everyone 👍

• Like 3

Yantan...I never allow mine to do that and if I don't recognize the dog if they are off lead...mine go back on. It just saves so much trouble

Owl, so sorry you missed your cattle drive but pleased wispa is getting better

Just tomorrow and part of Saturday to get through then my brother will be gone and if there's a god anywhere.... hopefully I won't need to see him again! Going to try and get something sorted out so I can leave.