UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

The heat must have got to me in the doctors waiting room judging by the spelling  and layout of my last post.

I'm home now. The nurse was new to the practice and the computer system was driving her daft. It was nice to have a Cumbrian member of staff. We had a nice chat whilst she did my feet.

Wonder how things are going with Susanna? Positive thoughts are being thunk for her. I know everyone here is doing the same. 

They did have the heating on Griff, that's what everyone was complaining about. It was incubating all the germs! 

It's been lovely outside, nice and warm. My neighbour was sitting out in her garden - in February! This time last year we were in the grip of The Beast From The East.

Well, mixed results really. Very nice guy did the ultrasound and he was very thorough, went down both sides of my neck from just under my ears, all around my throat etc. then lastly to the suspect lump.  He showed me the screen and said so far as he could see, it was just showing blood pulsing through the area, nothing else.  However..he also ran the probe up and down the left side of my neck and said do you see that round dark spot? Yes...well, that's a lymph node and I'm not too happy about it, it looks too regular.  Oh.  Drat.  He was going to show the film to a colleague and if he agrees it needs further examination,  my GP will be informed. 

Lovely and warm again, of course the buses had heaters running and no windows open, and the hospital was boiling! I'm sure being so warm isn't good for people. Thanks for thinking of me, lets hope his concerns aren't anything after all,

Thanks for updating us Suzeanna. Lets hope that lymph node isn't going to be a problem. We will be willing you on.

Griff your school was the same as my grandad. No heating until the end of October, no matter how cold it was. Even when the heating was on he'd sit with the blinking front door open letting all the cold air in. We used to have some battles over it!  He'd be 110 yrs old now and was tough as old boots because he'd had to be the way he grew up and the circumstances in which he lived. 

Ruby is back to Newcastle tomorrow to see the surgeon. Just routine.

The heat is going to vanish by Friday, apparently.  Of course it would! We've accumulated a lot of junk in the garden and utility rooms, so we've ordered a skip to come on Friday, also Philip has booked Friday and Monday off so expect at least a foot of snow!

I've got a sore throat and earache this morning, wonder if that's why the lymph node is showing so clearly, maybe trying to fight off infection? After all, that's what they are meant to do, although come to think of it, it's on the left side of my throat and it's the right side and ear that hurts.  I think I may be wired up wrongly!

Griff, I don't understand how you can say I have gone through a lot, when you are so much worse off.  I wouldn't swap places with you for all the money in the world.:bighug:

Hope you got some bargains Jazz!  Don't let your decision about Luna be based purely on your neighbour, or you may regret it in the future.  Do you have neighbours each side of you, or are you the end one? If each side have you asked the other neighbours if they hear her so much?  There are dogs around here who bark constantly, day in and day out and nothing ever seems to be done about it.  I feel sorry for them, but sorrier still for whoever lives next door to them, it goes on for hours and hours every day.

Jazz, I agree....take your time and don't do something you may regret

Suzeanna...I do o.k, I don't have to put up with what you do

Just at Steve's, brought his dinner up and there's now scaffolding outside his house!! They are replacing the fascias, i was dying for a wee when I got here but luckily I managed to remember to close the blind lol... didn't want to scare the man off the scaffolding