UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

get a brew, get comfy, I shall begin

car was due 9.30, so went out there 9.15. 9.40, rung transport, couldn't find the driver, back and forth till 9.55 when another driver says im on your road, cant see you. 4 times he drove past the turning. WHAT PART OF TURN ON THE BEND DID HE NOT GET!!!!! 

I get to my 10am appointment at 10.30. luckily they saw me. ok so far?

nurse who does the pre op check, has paperwork FOR THE WRONG OPERATION

so she writes out the paperwork for the right op. slowly. 

in between all this, my friend messages about a dog. I cant get reception to reply. im waving my mobile about in a crowded room

so do all that, then have shoulder xray atbloodylast

get home at 1pm. friend still hasn't replyed about yorkie. lots of messages …… shes rescuing a yorkie girl at 8pm. maybe

Happy birthday Ruby xx

I went to Worksop and got my hair cut. After the disastrous cut last time I just grew it all out and decided to try a new unisex barber. Perfect very short cut, just how I wanted, and a nice calm quiet salon. Nice not to have my ears assailed by a chatter of old ladies talking at top of voice above the driers and telling everyone their medical histories and family dramas. ( I am allowed to be rude about old ladies because I am one hehe)

I feel greatly cheered. The thing with silver hair is that it has to look neat or you end up looking sad and dishevelled. 

Next thing is to get courage up to have ears re-pierced as I have lovely earrings not worn for years.

• Haha 1

Glad you got a salon that suited you Owl. Nice to have somewhere relaxed to have your hair cut. Mine is great - no inane chatter, occasional evesdrop on gossip about people I have no clue about and a decent cut at a reasonable price. Perfect for me. How long since you last wore earrings? As I just push the posts through where the holes were if they're starting to close up. But I probably go months rather than years between wearing them so I guess it depends how long you've gone without wearing any.

Pleased you got the x-ray at last Jazz. Hopefully treatment follows soon. Is your friend wanting you to foster the Yorkie she's rescuing?

Happy Birthday Ruby for tomorrow. Hope she has a wonderful day with no unexpected pressies from Archie lol

Poor yorkie, is anyone able to help the little thing?

Eve, I have not worn earrings for years. For a long time I would put them in sometimes just to keep holes open but then didn't bother so definitely closed up. Reason I stopped wearing them was that Muffin cat who slept on my pillow for nearly 18 years was obsessed with removing them the same way she would pick a burr out of her coat.

• Haha 1

Morning

chilly out there but the sun is shining

seems hugo has a runny bum. only know because its all over my new sofa. on the uncovered bits

so that's the way the day is going to go. that will make a change

love to all. each and everyone of you is special. don't let anyone say different, or ill be round there with the baseball bat xxxx

• Like 1

Oh dear, not a good start to the day, Jazz! 

I'm off into Chesterfield on the first bus I can use my pass on.  Very annoying, I bought a new pair of jeans in BonMarche last Saturday for £18 and now they have a flash sale on and the blinking things are down to £12.  I could do with two pairs so I'll go and hope to grab another.  Got a lovely card and another tatty teddy from Philip and a bottle of Freixenet for tonight.  Can you drink prosecco after a sausage casserole? Might have to change the menu!

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Ruby - her birthday is tomorrow, the 15th. She took delivery of a Senior Rail Card last week and that made her feel old. Archie has got her lovely 3D card and has arranged for a flower delivery tomorrow, although he had to borrow the money to pay for both from me.

I really hope that I never have to rely on hospital transport Jazz. I know folk here who lose a whole day waiting for a car to pick them up to take them to a 10 minute appointment and then take them home again. 

Owl I had my ears re-done a few years ago and never felt a thing. 

I have 2 friends whose hair has turned silver and they both wear their hair in smart short cuts. They look fabulous. I love silver hair.

Have you worn those jeans Suzeanna? If not take them back get a refund and then buy them again.

just asked a local firm if they can take the sofa away, he said he can come now. some of the money will be in 10 pences lol nobody wanted it on freebies, fed up of looking at it, so don't mind paying a little firm the money, its the same as the council

Yes unfortunately Yantan, taken all the labels out and worn them.  Never mind, got another pair and bought a sirloin steak for Philip for his dinner tonight.  I'll have ham and chips, not keen on steak.  Now to work out how to cook the thing without serving it raw or shoe leather!

5 hours ago, suzeanna said:

Yes unfortunately Yantan, taken all the labels out and worn them.  Never mind, got another pair and bought a sirloin steak for Philip for his dinner tonight.  I'll have ham and chips, not keen on steak.  Now to work out how to cook the thing without serving it raw or shoe leather!

We're having ham, egg and cheesy chips, now our favourite 'celebration' meal. There might be a cheeky wee glass of fizz to go with it. I'm not brilliant at cooking steak either, even though I've got one of those griddle pans. Try wrapping it in tinfoil and cooking it in the oven like a beef joint - though obviously for less time. I used to often cook it like that before I went off steak.

Well, having consulted several articles which all seemed to disagree with each other, I did my own thing and miracles will never cease...turned out absolutely perfect! Philip likes medium rare and it was, cut beautifully with an ordinary knife (just as well, as we don't have steak knives!) I did chips, mushrooms and egg with his, I had ham egg and chips and pinched a bit of steak just to taste.  

One thing I really can't understand that people round here seem to like is chips with either curry sauce or gravy.  Yuck to both! Mayo or salt and vinegar for me. Hope you enjoy your meal as much as we did ours.