UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Any Antics

Jazz

Love that photo Jayne. I'd put it in a frame if it was mine :)

They put the scaffolding up in our garden yesterday. It's chuffin huge! I had no idea it would be so wide. It's partially built over our sitting room window and it's perpetual gloom in there now.

Our new furniture also arrived yesterday. As we cannot put the old stuff we don't want out in the garden (because of the above going on!) for collection by the council we've had to move stuff around to try and accommodate the new and the old. The delivery guys normally place the furniture (it's all solid oak and heavy) just where you need it to be, unwrap it, let you check it and then take the wrappings away. I had to decline this part of the service as we will need to move it all eventually and told them we were probably better to keep it wrapped so it doesn't get damaged. I had to sign a form to say I had refused to have it unpacked.

After they'd gone I realised that the butchers block for the kitchen could go in there anyway. I dragged it through, unwrapped it and found two of the corners were damaged with another area showing a scrape. The corners are so badly scratched up, deep groves in one, that I actually got a splinter. It's going to have to go back. I'm thinking that we should maybe unwrap the other two items and check them over too before complaining. Such fun!

On a slightly happier note Ruby got back from Barcelona in the early hours and I came down this morning to find a huge bottle of Havana Club on the side. Hello mojitos - yay!

Yeah after much huffing & puffing we got the 2 remaining furniture items unpacked, inspected and in place where we want them. No damage on either item so its just the butchers block to complain about.

Couldn't make mojitos because we'd no feckin fresh mint or limes. Really would have liked one tonight too. Had we had all the stuff to make them I'd bet I wouldn't have wanted one!

Does anyone know when the new series of Game Of Thrones starts?

Good news it was just the butchers block then!! Easy to get collected

I dunno about that Griff. I had to cut the packing of it so it now unusable and the damned thing weighs a ton. It's solid oak with a marble top! I am gutted that it was damaged as I love it and it looks really handsome in the kitchen.

6 builders have just turned up this morning to start on next door's gable end. I put Archie on a lead and took him out to meet them all as he takes his guarding duties very seriously & I don't want him barking all day. They all made a fuss of him. They are going to using power tools to take the rendering off so it will be really noisy - oh here we go, they've started!

Is everyone else well?

Alex how is Timmy?

Shame about the butchers block Yantan...at least your neighbours made you aware of work being done...none of ours do and it comes as quite a shock to the dogs, well wait until may Lol will be getting our own back, the whole house is getting done Lol

Merledogs, hope ikkle Timmy is doing o.k

the dogs next door have begun barking at stupid oclock in the morning, sometimes as early as 6a...nobody tells them to be quiet or gets up to see to them, this morning they were doing it and then the useless fat article next door was outside banging his bloody boots on the path...inconsiderate nob. I know my dogs bark but they don't bark continuously, early in the morning or late at night and they do get told to be quiet...i am thinking it is deliberate

They had to let us know they were doing the work Griff because they have to access the gable end from our garden which is why we have all the feckin scaffolding on our property! We are getting all the mess whilst next door gets nothing.

When we knocked our old kitchen/bathroom extension down and rebuilt it the tenant next door was an arse with us and an arse with our builders over it.

Maybe you should keep a diary of next door's barking episodes as you could always report it to the council dog warden or whatever title they now come under - environmental warden?

I've just had Archie down to the park for the first time since the December floods - what a mess! And they have cleaned the paths up! I saw our old house which sits right on the river bank beside the river and am so glad I sold it when I did - there's a lot of damage to the walls and patio and I know the river got in the property. I wouldn't have liked to have dealt with all that.

I think if i report it Yantan, they will start with my 2 barking, they bark if a car door slams or if somebody knocks the door or next door slam their doors...which happens a lot but never ever late at night or early in the morning..it is something i won't allow and the one thing that will get me hugely mad with them Lol

I hope the builders will clean up well after themselves....mind you, if they have been good enough to make friends with Archie then they must be a fairly decent lot, one of the lads who did our Kitchen was lovely, he wasn't the boss but in my opinion he should have been, he was so very very patient with Diesel, proper kind and trying to make friends with her.. Laney was about 6 months old and was just into everything so he was no bother but Diez, good grief, bark bark bark at the mean men Lol, she only turned like that after i got attacked and i was appreciative of it on more than one occassion

I am continuing with stripping the bannister, i have been doing it for a year on and off, i can only do a teensy bit at a time and my mum was off work for 6 months...i need to find a sander that will fit nicely through the spindles, my black an decker mouse is just a tadge to big, got some good paint stripper from wilko though...expensive but eats through a layer of paint quickly...we only have about 5 coats of paint Lol