UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Thanks griff - I am happy to stay on the treatment - the only side effects I've been getting are dry eyes and dry lips. So long as I put my eye drops in and carry my lip balm around with me, I'm fine :)

I think soft tissue can definitely be worse than a break - I tore my muscles between my ribs a few years ago. It took ages for them to heal! With a bone they can operate or put in a cast, with soft tissue, there is nothing that can be done.

I agree soft tissue damage is way more painful than an actual break. The A&E doctors who attended to my niece when she fractured her femur also said the same. My whole leg from foot to butt was bruised last week but the only bruises left now are some on the ankle and shin and they've faded to that greeny yellow colour.

Oh I was getting the calls from Tesco yesterday too. Bloody annoying when you have a bad leg and it's a right old hobble to get to the phone. Today it's been some marketing scam. We are ex-directory and registered with the TPS too. I've ignored them but still had to come through to see who it was on caller display as Ruby is on a work trip to London and I was told I might get a call from the hospital.

Griff as always big :GroupHug: for you and all you have to put up with. It makes my own troubles seem trivial.

oooooooooooo those candles sound good Jazz...sorry to hear about the card, hope you get a new one quickly

Yantan, very pleased you got your christmas delivery slot booked

Gooster, goo to hear you are happy with the treatment

been back to the Dr today, she doesn't do a clinic on wednesday but when she saw my results she immediately wrote to my consultant and has given me a copy of the letter to give him tomorrow in case he hadn't been given the fax, one of my markers has gone from 3 to 89...that's as bad as it was when i first got diagnosed...on the plus side, she does think that i won't be admitted to hospital.... one of the treatments he was suggesting for me contains anima antibodies...so i will be rejecting that, i will ask him to give me the same as last time

Be nice for once if a doc sorted you out without any problems griff :flowers:

I'm after a new smart tv for my bedroom. Have been looking this morning and there are some good deals on (since when did Black Friday turn into a whole week?!) but I'll wait until tomorrow morning and go on early doors before normal people are up.

Lol, Merledogs...he is soooooooo patient with me, i must get right on his wick Lol he spends most of his time coming up with a compromise for me and me whinging about my weight and demanding he do something Lol, he was so lovely when i spazzed out about my new chest consultant..he even got my old one back from leicester to see me

I know what you mean about the black friday being the week...... at least asda aren't doing it this year after last years events

I am so used the house flooding we just put out buckets , mop it up and get on with it , I am not sure I would know what to do with myself with a waterproof home now !!!!

I also have my christmas shopping delivery booked , its arriving on December 24th all the way from the UK and will be personally delivered by our daughter Aisling who is coming to visit us for xmas and new year

its the first time we will have seen any family at xmas for 3 years so thats really nice

• Like 3

been back to the Dr today, she doesn't do a clinic on wednesday but when she saw my results she immediately wrote to my consultant and has given me a copy of the letter to give him tomorrow in case he hadn't been given the fax, one of my markers has gone from 3 to 89...that's as bad as it was when i first got diagnosed...on the plus side, she does think that i won't be admitted to hospital.... one of the treatments he was suggesting for me contains anima antibodies...so i will be rejecting that, i will ask him to give me the same as last time

How long ago were you first diagnosed Griff ? I do hope the treatment does not involve a hospital stay xxx

Awww Sam, how fab that you are going to have a family christmas....lovely!!!

i was diagnosed with GPA (formerly wegeners) in july 2012 so just a little over 3 years now...i don't think anyone expected me to still be here as i was in a terrible state, i know people moan about the nhs (me included) but i am so very very grateful to them for taking care of me. I have had flare ups in the 3 years but they have managed to stop them pretty quickly but this is the worst i have been in a long while (even my hair hurts Lol), hopefully he will agree to do the cyclophosphamide infusions again and not make me have to have a tantrum...i am very very lucky that i got him as my consultant as he has a great sense of humour and actually listens to me...even if he doesn't agree with me Lol