UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Well done Ben! He sounds a lovely cat.

Oh dear Jayne...my OH had a bad morning too, he phoned me at his lunch time and said he'd had a call from India, she had something that wouldn't connect re her computer. He asked her ID...she said what? what do you mean? He asked her name? got the same response! You'd think if they were calling a help desk they would at least speak enough English to understand what was being asked, it's not as if he has a strong accent or anything. He had to get her to bring someone else to the phone in the end!

Hello everyone! I am back from Kosovo. (Well on the rail air back to reading at the moment) It's been an amazing 10 days and I was sorry to leave before the end of the youth leadership summit. But off to a wedding on Sunday and we are going to the venue tomorrow so Ben can catch up with his mates.

Hope everyone is well and new houses, tablets, wet rooms, etc are all ok.

I have no idea Griff - she seemed reasonable. He was just an arse. He kept going on about how they like to support the NHS and how it's not fair that private companies make money from the NHS :unsure: I know if my GP would have offered to refer me privately for my skin but it be under the NHS, I'd have bitten his hand off!

Glad you enjoyed your trip Mary :)

Am relaxing now with a glass of my free bubbly that I got with my 5th Ocado shop, cuddles from Walter and a Sri Lankan elephant documentary on the tv. It's making me want to hop on the next flight back there - especially after a day like today :laugh: I just want to pack my backpack, shove Walter and Jessie in their cat carriers and fly us all over to Sri Lanka :laugh:

Really enjoyed reading about Ben pussprats day out shopping, bless him.

I've been logged out of here on my desktop & couldn't for the life of me recall my p/word. Fortunatley I'm still signed in on my tablet.

So much work on at the moment for me. The dining room and kitchen look like the rear store room at Ikea. I have to squeeze between stacks of boxes to get to the fridge & can barely open Archie's treat cupboard. He's not amused that he can no longer see it from his vantage spot in the dining room from where he normally surveys the kitchen and aforementioned cupboard. He's very suspicious of the kitchen and will only venture in if enticed to do so by a bit of ham or blueberry muffin and even then he is wary.

Has anyone heard about those chuffin great spiders that wear size 10 boots that are starting to infest people's homes in parts of the UK? If they make their way up here I am going to have to emigrate. Does anyone know of a spider free country that has decent plumbing and fast internet connections?

Lol, we used to have hooooooooge spiders at work, you would sweep your bay and next thing this giant spider would crawl out of the broom Lol My mum is terrified of spiders so i have to do the get a glass and bit of paper thing and take them out of the house... it is either that or she kills them.

I am feeling a bit despondent at the moment ,

the situation with the domestic abuse ( lady in village ) has really unsettled me , the lady keeps coming to my house and crying , telling me she wants a divorce but her husband refuses and with out his consent she cannot get one end of story. I have found a domestic abuse charity and I am taking her there to see if an injunction can be brought against him , looking online I think it can and she is fearful that he will really hurt her again so hopefully we can get something done. Mark is taking her to a private hospital to get the damage to her ear and hearing logged , it seems like she now has tinnitus and hearing loss.

I have also seen some horrific bullying today on Facebook all connected to an american rescue , really really vile ganging up by some holier than thou "rescuers" and their sheep like supporters who think they have the right to rip the crap out of anyone not doing as much front line work as ( some of them ) say they are doing , and given how much time they are spending on Facebook I have to say I am not sure they are doing as much as they think

It really pisses me off , no one is better than anyone else just because they work front line , none of us in front line positions could be there without an army of supporters and just because you are a rescuer that does not mean you are automatically a bloody saint nor should you be worshiped

i really hope the lady can get an injunction against him...my dads dad used to hit my nan and my dad witnessed an awful lot, i wouldn't wish that on any child. I don't know how divorce works but i am guessing in the uk and e.u america etc if you say you want a divorce you can get one

Hope you can get that poor woman help Sam.

Have you heard about the terrible crash at shoreham air show? Seven people in cars on the A27 killed. My son and his family live close to there...they were going to the show, but my grandson said he'd rather go to watch Brighton play football, so he and his dad went there and Julie stayed home with the twins. It makes me shudder to think they might have been on that road, and so sad for the families who've lost people who just went out as normal today and will never come home.