UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Zooey didn't make it :mecry: :mecry: He stopped breathing as we pulled in to the vets' car park. I'm absolutely gutted that Paul didn't get a chance to say a proper goodbye :( I'm meant to be working for the rest of the afternoon, but I don't think I'll be very productive. Thankfully I'm working from home so noone can see me cry. Logan's very concerned about me, and keeps coming over to poke me with his nose and check that I'm ok :wub_anim:

I hope everyone else is well :flowers:

So sorry, Sophie x

My log cabin was meant to arrive at the distributors today and then move on to me in about a week. But the manufacturers rang today, they are bringing it straight here tomorrow! Concrete blocks for it to sit on will arrive tomorrow eve. Insulation sheets should arrive Monday. All I need is for the distributors to put the construction firm in touch with me and we are ready to go.

Main problem tomorrow is where to put 2 parcels each 12 ft long and 3 ft square. They can't go in garage as we are living in it. Can't get them through passageway to back garden as there is a corner to negotiate. Hope delivery people will agree to cart them round via neighbour's garden and over the fence. I don't want to leave them on front drive, as although it is unlikely that anyone could make off with them without being spotted, I don't want to risk a disaster like that.

After many years of looking like a 14th century person with one side of front teeth missing, I have my smile back :cool02: Excellent dentist has made a partial plate which fits like a dream. All previous attempts by other dentists failed. No probs eating, and I could talk without a lisp after a couple of hours.

• Like 1

I can take pics on camera but will have to get someone else to upload them. If my sis can get my new tablet working, it has a camera so may be easier to post them from there.

I just hope the weather holds for a while, until it can be constructed. The construction firm are calling me today to arrange a date. It's usually a 2 day job.

Fingers crossed for the weather and for a speedy erection of the Owlery. The construction company may pitch a covering under which they can work if the weather is bad. We had one set up here when we did the new kitchen/bathroom extension so the chaps could work and stay dry as the weather was awful that winter.

Are you going to call it The Owlery? Or Two Hoots (as in I don't give two hoots)? Or The Nest? Or Wispa's Palace? Or something else? Or nothing at all? :laughingsmiley:

I am super excited about it and looking forward to photos! :cheer: