UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

hot! how many million miles away do you live! lol ive got the heating on

sorry about your leak xx

im so annoyed, not knowing

ive cancelled my life insurance ive had for years because ive got so many things wrong with me. but have I?

Griff, so sorry about your friend, poor lady.

I finally got to a NHS dentist today and he was very nice, did not tell me off for not going near a dentist for ages. Nothing wrong with my fangs except a couple of cracked fillings which are being patched up tomorrow. He took a mould so I can have another go at partial dentures, as I would rather not look like someone from the 14th century.

Wispa and I have been working hard today. Blame a norty young patterdale! Looks as if she hasn't been stolen as thought, but has escaped and legged it on to the local golf course. Probably stuffing her furry face with small rodents.

Somewhat displeased with our visiting community matrons. They visited mum when she had a not-with-it day, which means she just looks intelligent and says Yes to everything while not taking in a word. They got her to agree that she needs to get out of the house and would enjoy one day per week in rehab day care doing physio and meeting people. All she did was say yes, but when I asked her whether she would rather go and do physio at the centre or have a visit from a physio which was offered as an alternative, she could not understand the question. Eventually I got from her that she would rather be visited. After the matrons had gone, it was clear she had not understood much as she was very upset and thought she had agreed to having all her home care visits stopped!

And today a letter came for her asking her to phone and arrange when she wanted to be collected as the matrons had referred her to the rehab centre against my wishes and hers. I don't think they understand senile dementia. Mum cannot be rehabilitated, all we can do is keep her happy and comfortable and reasonably mobile, and disrupting her routine just puzzles and distresses her.

Lil angel, is the noise occur when you are stationary? if so have a quick look at your power steering reservoir, it may need topping up or require bleeding..... if it is top up a trip to halfords and job done, other than that you can check for stones wedged between the disc and back plate and also check that the back plate isn't fouling anything.

Jazz, i am in the west mids and it has been another hot day....really lovely, hope it is like this next week as it is my birthday.

whispers very quietly.... i am getting my new tattoo on tuesday, was supposed to be in the morning but as i ahve been feeling really rough the lovely martin has juggled things and popped me in in the afternoon so you will probably all hear me squealing like a girl Lol

Vets have rung and dex's thyroid is now low so we have to alter the dose of his medication, which means buying more tablets, his potassium levels are still low so i have to double his dosage of that

oooooooo do us some chips Yantan!!!!!

Merledogs i do hope you can get someone to come and sort your leak out once and for all

the tablets for dex weren't too dear only £19 for 30 so thats o.k. my neighbour has called and apologized about the noise,cars being parked etc and asked if we could leave the front empty monday am as the funeral party is leaving from here..... i have told her to carry on with whatever she needs to do and not to worry about the noise, apparently they will be saying prayers from this evening until sunday (and there was me thinking sitting through a catholic funeral was long!)

Moaning :tired:

Yesterday was horrid at work. I had a disagreement with the rest of the project team as to carry out an RFP (my area of expertise) but obviously the four blokes who ganged up on me knew better. We've got a discussion with the project board at 3.30 today to make a decision. Not expecting it to go my way.

if hadnt have put your point of view, as you know what you taking about, and it went wrong, they would have asked why you didnt,so you have tryed xxxx

im up and ready for my adventure! being picked up at 7.30

see you monday afternoon xx

Don't worry about it Alex, express your view and let them make their own decisions. So long as you have highlighted the reasons / risks there isn't anything else you need to do.

Thank goodness for Friday! 5 more days left of work.

Owl sorry to hear about the mess the people have organised that are meant to be looking after your mum. Hope it can be resolved with ease xx

Enjoy your adventure Jazz xx

Alex my mother has a great saying for work days like this

"its not my daddy's firm"

I wish I had listened to her years ago , I spent many years giving everything to my employer and caring far far far to much ! now when I do paid work I go in and do a good job , work the hours they ask and no more , deliver the product or service they pay for , offer my advice and skills where approraite but if they choose to ignore my advice for what ever reason I just take my money and leave happy knowing that I have done a good job