UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Not for me, it's awful isn't it. Can you book an appointment and ask for a blood test? In the interim Can you take iron tablets? Maybe also vitamin B (like berocca) and vitamin c with the iron to aid absorption. It sounds like It is taking its toll on you.

I have recently been put on the pill to try and stop them as it is just too much. You guys are making me worried thinking I have got way longer than I had hoped before they stop :-( x

Murtle most of my friends of roughly the same age as me have gone through the menopause already. It seems sometime through your 40's is most common based on a straw poll of my mates so you may reach it sooner rather than later.

I am taking some vitamins. I think I may get some iron tablets in just in case. I've not had one like this in a long time so I'm hoping it's a one-off!

Yantan.... hope you feel better soon

Murtle... my mum is 55 and still not got the menopause.... my dad can't wait as it means she won't want the heating on!!!! i had to go on the pill at 13 due to my monthly... i used to go white as a sheet, pass out and once i came round again i would be sick and sleep for a few hours and get up as if nothing had happened.... the pill was the best thing ever!

Snow, was it today your MIl was seeing her consultant? hope things went o.k

No its Wednesday, same day as my first day in work for 8 months! *eep*

Marian can you take ibruprofen? I have had similar issues to you with mine, I got so desperate I googled and read that taking ibruprofen can reduce the flow, I tried it last but 1 period and it did seem to make a difference - mind you I was also in a lot of pain so took it for that reason anyway, this month I started on it on day 1 and whilst it could possibly be a coincidence this was the lightest one I have ever ever had though the worst for hormones, hot/cold flushes/swollen feet/spots/greasy hair & skin etc etc.

I'm 55 and went through the menopause a few years ago but hardley noticed because I was still fitted with the Merina coil!! That device saved me a fortune over the years :) Sometimes it's hard ...tobe....a .woomannn....

Murtle most of my friends of roughly the same age as me have gone through the menopause already. It seems sometime through your 40's is most common based on a straw poll of my mates so you may reach it sooner rather than later.

I am taking some vitamins. I think I may get some iron tablets in just in case. I've not had one like this in a long time so I'm hoping it's a one-off!

Don't think all your troubles are over when they stop.

Mine stopped at age 46. Then ten years later I started losing blood on a monthly basis. At first just spotting each month but getting heavier until I was flooding. I could sit on the loo for twenty minutes while blood flowed.

After a hysteroscopy confirmed nothing nasty I was declined a hysterectomy and was on different tablets for a year. At this point the consultant advised me to consider a hysterectomy but the next month it stopped and didn't come back.

Then a couple of years ago I went to the loo and lo and behold i was bleeding again. My doctor referred me and after another hysteroscopy again showed nothing nasty I was offered put up with it until it goes away or have a hysterectomy.

This time I accepted the offer and had the op 2 years ago.

A new consultant had just started working att he hospital and he offered me a vaginal hysterectomy. This meant no cutting and no wound to heal. I was home three days after the op feeling slightly uncomfortable only. Well worth it.

I'm laffin at Griff's dad wishing for her mum to start the menopause so the heating can stay off!

Snow good luck for Wednesday. That's interesting about the ibuprofen but I can't take it as I'm on Tramadol and various other things that aren't supposed to be mixed - or at least not until I have checked with my doctor. I've just had a chat with my neighbour out in the garden and she commented on how pale I looked. I feel pale.

Bloody hell blackmagic I hope that's not what the future holds for me. I'd have a hysterectomy tomorrow to get rid of this. In fact as I have never wanted children I would have been happy to have been fixed years ago. You'd think when you didn't use your reproductive organs for bearing children that it would all shrivel up sooner rather than later.

Loo I hear you singing that song - it's feckin true too sometimes it IS hard to be woman. What do men suffer in comparison to periods and childbirth?

I'm well past all that thank heavens, but I used to flood badly...very embarrassing at times...and the gynae doc said a d&c would help, although it might not fix things permanently. I had one, and it worked wonders. A friend of mine was even worse than me, she couldn't leave the house for days on end, and it turned out she had bad fibroids. As she was past the stage of wanting any more children, she opted for a hysterectomy and said it was the best thing she'd ever done and she wished she'd done it earlier.

Have any of you gals used a mooncup? I bought one a few years ago and it's fab! Am currently on cerazette pill which means I don't get periods, but the mooncup is ace. Saved me loads of money on 'stuff' over the years and it doesn't tend to leak :)

Have decided that I want to go away again at the end of September - I had always planned to go away again then, but was going to wait to see if I can find myself a bloke before booking anything. Have decided now not to wait, as sods law would state that I won't find anyone, and I need to let my regular clients know that they will need to find alternative cover for those dates when I am away. Am quite tempted to go to Mexico again, as I went there in 2009 and had a fantastic time :) Have found a nice hotel, but now the dilemma is whether I pay a bit extra to fly on the dreamliner, or spend a bit less and fly on a 767 :laugh: Being the plane nerd that I am, the dreamliner is appealing to me :laugh:

Interesting Gooster,Cerazette is what I have been put on, so far I have bleed for 10 out of 15 days, hoping it will settle down soon. I also need to find the other packets!!

Have you thought of going on a group holiday Gooster? I think it was intrepid I did Mount Kinabalu with, I went with a friend and meet some really lovely people on it.

Evening. Back from Old Trafford. City won but I sat in the middle of the united fans and couldnt celebrate when City scored. Plus it was perishing cold and I only had a thin coat on. Beau and Taffy are under the covers warming my feet.

• Like 1

It does settle eventually Murtle - usually when I have just had enough of it and consider coming off it and going back to my normal periods, they settle down. It can take a couple of months to fully settle, but the spotting just gets lighter and lighter. I found myself needing to take iron tablets this time, as I think I went a bit anaemic, but it's worth going through that unpleasantness for period free times! Last time I was on it for 4 years - only reason I came off it was because I had put on loads or weight and thought it was because of the pill. Turned out it wasn't due to that, but because I was less stressed, my metabolism had slowed right down, but I was still eating the same as I was when I was stressed, but not burning the calories off. I went back on it again in November so that I would be period free for my hols in January (always manage to book my holidays when I am due on :laugh: :rolleyes: ), am going to stay on it for a while now, as it is so nice to not need to worry about PMT etc :)

The thing I have found when pricing up holidays, is that group/singles holidays tend to be more expensive than just booking direct with the tour operator. Plus, as I can be an anti social cow at times, I like the fact that I am not tied to a group :) Last time I did Mexico, I had a fab time, met a few couples, who I still stay in contact via FB now :)