UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Bit of a strange morning - went over to pick up my friend so we could bring her dog home in my car as there would be more room for her after her amputation. Going down Heol Y Bowls first there was one cat sitting in the road refusing to move, then another cat wandering down the middle of the road, then a flash of ginger as a third cat raced across the lane in front of the car. Bit further down and 2 kamikaze pheasants flying across and back.... then I saw a car across the road (single track road) and thought "something wrong here" - err that would be because it was on its roof! Nobody inside or around so I had to turn round and go back to the main road to go the long way round to my friend because of course this morning I had left my phone at home on charge. She rang it in and the lady on the phone was more concerned about the make of car - now I know in a busy road if there is a car with damage you need to narrow it down, but on a single track road where the car is on its roof across the road I don't think there would be a lot of confusion whether they have got the right one! We heard the fire engine going there and I came down the road 3 hours later and the car had gone.

Ishka was the blood donor dog for the surgery but broke her leg on Friday and it was found to be due to cancer causing the bone to become brittle - she is now home and snuggled on the sofa with her mum. Jed has always been registered as the second donor if needed but he has never had to give blood, but of course he has now moved into first place. They very rarely need the bloods but as Cas has to go back for an eye check on Wednesday I will take him with me and Brenda (who he loves) will be there and will take him into the back so he starts to get used to visiting. She will also come and collect him and take him down there a couple of times as if I am working I may not be able to get away (and I am not much use with needles around)

Bloody hell Buddyboy that was a morning and a half you put in!

I am having the period from hell and feeling right pants with it.

I went to bed around 10pm last night and left Archie downstairs thinking that Ruby could pop him into my room when she came in but he chose to go in with her so that was fine. Our visitor has gone with Ruby and Archie on a good walk up Borrowdale somewhere and they are going to stop off for lunch at one of the dog friendly caff's up there. They've got a cracking day for it but with it being Easter holidays still AND a weekend to boot it will be mega busy. I hope their walk isn't spoiled by some pratty tourists with out of control dogs.

Lol, it is shocking how much stuff you accumulate isn't it Jazz? ooooooooooo shiny new car then... what colour is it?

Buddyboy..... what a morning, terrific that Jed is a blood donor, both of mine were registered at our vets, my thinking was i would like someone to help my pet in their hour of need so the least they could do was return the favour!

Yantan..... hope you feel better soon, time of the month can be miserable, i recommend a hot water bottle and a slob out in front of the tv!

Happy little green squirrel, how long before you head off??

Merledogs and sanrosscot, lovely photos

Got the car sorted...hopefully thats an end to the problem now, was tricky considering i still can't use my thumb Lol

Crikey hope whoever was in car is ok Georgina

Sorry you're suffering Yantan. Was the headache the sign of impending doom of period then? Bad periods are awful hugs.

Beautiful day although an icy start. Have finally put a deposit down on a kitchen, dogs sorted and now popping out into the garden. Keep finding dead frogs out there. This winter has taken a toll.

Edited by Jacobean

It wasn't the flywheel on my van, it was the whole clutch mechanism which had fallen apart. The garage is giving me £150 scrap. Mechanic thinks it is a very good idea for me to have sister's old Subaru, he says they are very sound.

• Like 1

im getting the grey polo. not a lot of choice in colours which was annoying. I always have the same blue so i recognise it lol ill have to do something to it, ideas please?

If it has a roof aerial, get an aerial topper from Halfords...we've got a multicoloured ball with streamers on ours, you can spot it a mile off in a car park.

That's good news Owl, the Subaru should be a brilliant workhorse for you. How are your mum and aunty?