UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Sam And Mark Countdown To Leaving The Uk Thread

Sam, you shouldn't think about what you haven't done.... look at what you have done!!! Girl you have got some B*lls!!!! what you have all achieved has took a lot of guts and a heck of a lot of commitment and self sacrifice.

i wish you all the very best for the future

• Like 1

Some days I feel like a total failure because I feel I am letting everyone down by not being more successful at raising more funds , getting Dogstar represented at events , attracting support , generating PR or even get the damn newsletters out on time

so thank you for your kind words

Sam, there is only one of you. Even wonder woman has limits on how many places she can be at once!
You need to be a little kinder to yourself - just compare your achievements to the average person and give yourself a pat on the back once in a while!
The world of animal welfare is full of things that need to be achieved - but they can't all be done by any one person.

Sam, there is only one of you. Even wonder woman has limits on how many places she can be at once!

You need to be a little kinder to yourself - just compare your achievements to the average person and give yourself a pat on the back once in a while!

The world of animal welfare is full of things that need to be achieved - but they can't all be done by any one person.

you are right of course , thank you

if anyone has any spare time and wants to stop me becoming a total fruit loop there are lots of things we need help with

http://www.therefugeforums.org.uk/forums/index.php/topic/52872-volunteers-needed-to-help-dogstar-foundation-in-uk-sri-lanka-and-online/

according to my countdown app is now 51 days , 1 hour and 2 minutes till I leave the UK

todays orrrible task is cleaning the inside of my extractor fan and the inside of the oven and a trip to the Dentist to discuss having my last remaining wisdom teeth removed before they need it ( they will at some point ) as I want my UK dentist to do them not my local Dentist in Sri Lanka !

I am touched so many people want to read my unwritten book !

I am giving it some serious thought but currently my number one priority is to secure funding for Dogstar and grow our support team and I cannot indulge myself with time off to write just yet

Not saying never just saying I don,t have the hours in the day currently

• 2 weeks later...

33 days to go

have spent days ringing companies and getting services cut off ,

loft is now empty ( a major achievement )

furniture starts to leave next week

did I mention I don't currently have a passport ! although mine had a year to run I decided to exchange it for a new 10 year one as the process to get it renewed in Sri Lanka is dire ( you have to send it to Hong Kong )

Just want to wish you both well and say how brave I think you are being.

I have told my husband the story of how Dogstar started and how you originally went out to work with the elephants.

Just look at all you have achieved now.

If I could give out honours, you would be well near the top of my list.

Just want to wish you both well and say how brave I think you are being.

I have told my husband the story of how Dogstar started and how you originally went out to work with the elephants.

Just look at all you have achieved now.

If I could give out honours, you would be well near the top of my list.

Thank you so much , what a lovely post

26 days and I am in a permanent state of feeling sick ! I am doubtful I will ever be finished in time or if I will be able to sleep at all in the last week

Mark is dismantling items around me whilst I sit in the office trying to keep up with the normal Dogstar admin , filing the annual returns ( just finished hooray ) , write grant applications and phoning the Foreign office and or High Commission !

when I am not in the office I seem to be walking around with a bin bag or recyclining bag in my hand , going to the gym to run on the treadmill appears to be the highlight of my day and the only bit when my head gets to turn off

p.s still waiting for new passports to arrive