UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Sam And Mark Countdown To Leaving The Uk Thread

have started real proper packing today and now have 2 bags fully packed and sealed , just waiting for my import licence letter to arrive from Sri Lanka for some surgical consumables I am carrying and then thats 3 bags done

TV is being moved on Sunday and the rest of the furniture is going on the following Tuesday so we will be left with a small 2 seater sofa ( for Noah ) 2 camping chairs and a mattress for a week ! just as well I am used to roughing it in SL as its going to be pretty basic here for the last 7 days :blush02:

I have a film crew here at 9 am , just a normal day at Squigg HQ..........

12 Days to go

Today we have delivered one of our cars to its new owner and had a carpet bloke in to quote for the new carpet that is going in for our tenants. Also remembered to cancel my Ni contributions as I have still be paying those as a self employed person ( even though the paid work I did was in March last year )

Waiting for my mums guests to leave so we can get access to her loft ! Mums house is so full of relatives ( 6 in a 2 bed roomed house ) that she is staying here with us !

TV is going to Mums on Sunday ( I rarely watch it anyway ) and the most furniture goes next Tuesday , thats when its going to really hit home that well this is not our home !

it would do if I never paid any again and I can't afford to pay them now but I think it will work out as I have paid NI for 25 years so far and I think I need 28 to claim

I get a private pension in 9 years and that will be payable with NI so that will top it up

thats if they even have a state pension when I get to what ever age it is

• Like 1

I think that I heard that the rules have just changed and that you will need 35 years of contributions. I'll see if I can find some further info.

Thanks , I will have an additional 17 years to pay before I can claim state pension as my private pension ( which I get at 50 ) will be taxed so hopefully I will still get there but any additional info is helpful

Although you will pay tax in a private pension you will not pay National Insurance Contributions on it

You normally have to pay arrears within 6 years of the end of the relevant year

Deadlines for making up a National Insurance contributions shortfall

You usually have to make up the shortfall within six years of the end of the tax year for which the National Insurance contributions are being paid. However there are extended time limits for some tax years and special rules if you reach State Pension age between 6 April 2008 and 5 April 2015.

For more information on deadlines for paying voluntary National Insurance contributions read our guide 'When and how to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions' by following the link below.

When and how to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions

sam, you have a daughter don't you? did you stop work for anytime when you had her to be an at home mum? the reason i ask is my mum had a shortfall and then she requested to make arrangements to pay what she owed and they sent her another forecast saying she was up to date as one of the governments had decided that women who stayed at home to look after children should have those years made up, just thought it worth a mention.

Crikey, your mums house sounds rammed... good job you and mark are still here or she may have had to resort to a tent in the garden!