UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Sam And Mark Countdown To Leaving The Uk Thread

Use a scanner or camera to take photos of things! Then release them :-)

Businesses need them individuals only need them if HMRC might come a knocking!! But still not for ever!

My problem was I would file them, but never get rid of things. I worked in companies when I was younger organising their archiving but it didn't grow on me until we had paper overload.

xxx

Use a scanner or camera to take photos of things! Then release them :-)

Businesses need them individuals only need them if HMRC might come a knocking!! But still not for ever!

My problem was I would file them, but never get rid of things. I worked in companies when I was younger organising their archiving but it didn't grow on me until we had paper overload.

xxx

just found my all my P60s from 1997 onwards , do I really need them....

YES, YES, YES.

iF THE CONTRIBUTIONS AGENCY computer has a wobbly, as happened a few years ago when they changed computers and lost lots of information, these are your only proof of the contributions you have paid to be credited for your state pension.

Photocopies would not be accepted as they could have been 'altered'.

• Like 1

Tomorrow I am expecting a package of legalised documents back from the Foreign Office, I am also waiting in for British Gas who are hopefully coming to fix my boiler so I can have hot water and heating again

Friday morning we are at the Sri Lankan High Commission in London

Friday afternoon we are seeing our solicitor to update our wills

tomorrow I am going to clear out a lot more items from my kitchen as well , 20 days to go and I am so so so mentally tired I can hardly count my own legs....

deep breath sam, it will all be worth it in the end!! i hope your gas man turns up today and does what he is supposed to do so you can have a shower at home and not at the gym!!

p60's hmmmm i know i have mine somewhere but not sure where... will have to dig them out now!

Sam you may have done this as you are updating your wills, are you doing this in line with Sri Lankan laws to make your wills valid when you are out there?

Having recently had to learn a lot about French law, which overrides British wills unless a few things are done it is at the front if my mind! Luckily FIL was alert enough for a short period of time to sign the documents, but bizarrely in France a judge can overturn them after death, and wills are then distributed by French law!

foreign office documents are back , have appointment at Sri Lanka High Commission in the morning

A few months when Mark rang to ask a question they put him through to talk with the High Commissioner direct ! not sure we would get the same service if we rang the British High Commission in Sri Lanka.