UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

:laugh: that sounds pretty evil Sam :laugh: We have lots of new kettlebells at the gym, so all the instructors are making the most of them. How on earth I haven't got bruises from the one armed swing to shoulder presses we did on Tuesday, I have no idea.

Well done on maintaining your weight Khanu :flowers:

Glad the new shoes are ok :)

Strength and conditioning last night had lots and lots of burpees in it, as Mr Grumpy threatened me with on Facebook :laugh: When he shouted 10 burpees and everyone groaned, he told everyone to blame me and it was all my fault :laugh: I didn't actually find them that bad last night though :) Everyone continued taking the mick out of him though, as one of the exercises was wall squats, Christine burst out laughing when he was demonstrating them, and I told him his shoulders needed to be straighter :biggrin: He's never going to live this one down :)

OMG hardest cycle blast class ever tonight. Our usual instructor was off, so Mr G covered fitball before cycle blast, and Deejay (fitball instructor on a Friday) covered Cycle Blast. It was evil. We had a seated climb with 8 turns on the resistance, and at the end we had a 3 minute sprint :eh: She did let us off a bit though as she was going to have burpees as one of the exercises, but changed it to squat thrusts after she saw my FB status about the millions of burpees we did last night :)

Shower time then food, just run 18 miles. Wish the weather could make its mind up. Rain, cold wind and hot sunshine in alternating times makes it very hard!!

Well done in your class Jayne.

I love reading all the posts on this thread I ind it really motivating and encouraging. Thanks ladies xxx

Well done Murtle, 18 mile run is fab! How long did it take you? :)

I love reading the posts on here too, I feel like can talk here amongst other people who are into keeping fit (unlike my friends who all play a game to see who spots my car in the gym car park first!)

Cardio and weights day today later at the gym :)

Not sure the first 6miles was 1:11 the second was 1:20 the third 6 miles was a but slower as it rained on me and my legs seized up for the first 2 miles :-( but it's the longest I have ever run so really pleased. Especially as post shower and food I feel pretty good!

Sounds like a fun game or your friends! Shame they don't join you in the gym.

x

Well done :)

One of them has started coming to fitball with Mr G on a Tuesday. Quite glad about that, as we have a new manager of classes, and I don't want him to cancel fitball on a Tuesday if the numbers are low, so if we can get the numbers up, I can still do the class :)

Well done Murtle, I was impressed before, so even more impressed now :)

Have fun in the hotel Sam - I quite like all the abs work, as unpleasant as it can be at times (if that makes sense!)

When I go away, there is a gym and they have spinning classes on a weekday morning as well as aerobics and other stuff. Hopefully this will make up for the pancake and milkshake bar on the beach :laugh: :rolleyes:

Am so proud of myself today - it's not a big deal, however tonight I ran on the treadmill. I haven't ran for 4 weeks, so I only did it for 10 mins, but at the end of the run, I wasn't out of breath or a sweaty mess like I usually am :biggrin: All those millions of burpees must be helping my cardio fitness :)

I am impressed, That is a big deal and rightly so to be proud of yourself!

Now you know you can run faster, or further which is a great improvement.

I bailed on my run last night. I was so tired (asleep by 9.30-ish) and it was raining. I'll be out tonight though doing sprint training!