UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

did an upper body workout today which went quite well , running is still a work in progress

swimming afterwards was a disaster as I had a exchange with what can only be described as the pool looney who swim at me forcing me into the wall ranting that she was there first and i was in her lane ( we don't actually have lanes at pool which is part of the problem )

ironically she was swimming at half my speed but was the next strongest swimmer in the pool , so I had moved over to where she was swimming as the other ladies in the pool were 2 very slow swimmers and frail ( one very elderly and one disabled ) and as i swim fast and with my head in the water mainly I try to stay away from slow swimmers as I don't like to power up and down near such swimmers as it could be intimidating for them and dangerous if we collided

I am a bit fragile dealing with some personal stuff and although I answered her back politely but firmly I did feel myself losing my composure and left the pool ( no doubt she was delighted to have the "space" back ) and I promptly burst out crying in the changing rooms and them left the gym ( which involves walking via the gym floor and spa , cafe and reception ) still sobbing and snotting which was not the highest dignity point of my life ever

Mark went back and spoke with the manager and they are going to review the tapes to try and identify her , i just wish I could have held my ground a bit more and not given in as she is likely to do it again now to someone else as she got want she wanted ( me out of the pool )

feeling a bit crap about it and not looking forward to going tomorrow although I will because thats got to be the best way to deal with it I think

Glad your upper body workout went well.

As I said in RMF, the woman sounds like a right cow. She shouldn't speak to others like that - I hope the manager can identify her so they can have a word. :GroupHug: :grouphug:

Did cycle blast today, ended up between 2 blokes who you can have a laugh with. On one exercise, we were in press up position, and had to move 2 steps to the side, then back. On one side one guy kept grabbing my ankle, and on the other side, the bloke kept trying to crash into me :laugh: :rolleyes: One of the blokes at the end of the class said "I like spinning next to you, as so long as my legs are going faster than yours, I am happy". I still can't work out if it was a compliment or an insult :unsure: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Did cycle blast today, ended up between 2 blokes who you can have a laugh with. On one exercise, we were in press up position, and had to move 2 steps to the side, then back. On one side one guy kept grabbing my ankle, and on the other side, the bloke kept trying to crash into me :laugh: :rolleyes: One of the blokes at the end of the class said "I like spinning next to you, as so long as my legs are going faster than yours, I am happy". I still can't work out if it was a compliment or an insult :unsure: :rolleyes: :laugh:

sounds like flirting to me , double flirting !

I know I tell you to take less classes but I think you should take this one again :)

Have been keeping to my plan but managed 36mins of a 50 minute run! Not enough water and although it was windy and raining it was still warmer than I had thought!

Long run in the morning so figured I had best rest than knacker myself more!

Well done Sam on the planks!! (And the rest of it!) xx

But I bet it is still better than when you first started Sam?! And I also bet you will improve quicker than you did initially ;-) xxx

You did well, you did it and that is what really matters!!

Its much better than when I first started for sure

Do you get the the option to programme the gradient so it changes automatically? On the treadmills at my gym, you can set them to automatically change gradient :)

I think you can on ours but I tend to stick with the manual , mainly because I bollox up the automated stuff more often than not !!!!

Well done Sam - squats with weights (usually a 6 or 7kg barbell) are a regular part of my routine. They don't kill quite so much now :biggrin: One good thing to try is squat to shoulder press with the weights. This gives your upper body a workout and let's your legs rest for a minute :)

Have talked one of my friends into coming to Mr G's Fitball class tomorrow. She has a gym ball, but doesn't tend to use it much as she doesn't know many exercises. I suggested she comes to Fitball tomorrow to get an idea of the range of exercises to do with it, I also told her it's Mr G who is doing the class, so at least there is some eye candy and he's nice and doesn't shout :) :laugh: