UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Had to laugh this morning in core workout. This big muscle man showed up and made up a 20kg bar to use in the class (the rest of the class use between 5 and 7kg bars). I just mentioned that he might find that bar a bit heavy for the stuff Ryan has us doing - he then snapped back that exercise was meant to be hard and that it wasn't his first Rodeo (I haven't seen him in the core workout class before and I go every week, so can only assume he did it when I was on holiday). Anyway, I felt so good when he was struggling with his stupidly heavy bar. Show off.

Strength and conditioning is changing on Thursday, with more of an emphasis on the strength training, should be interesting. I have enjoyed the the last 3 strength and conditioning classes though, as at the end Matt splits us into 2 teams and has us racing against each other. Each time, I have been on the winning team, which coming from someone who never won anything sporty at all, was pretty cool :biggrin:

Mr G mentioned today that they might be doing some challenge over Christmas - his contribution is the evil squat song. Glad I downloaded it now, as I can get practicing and have an advantage :ninja: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh nooooooo!

They have been messing about with the format of strength and conditioning over the last 3 classes. The first one had a bit too much rest in it, the second one was absolute chaos and today's wasn't too bad :) Still full of unpleasant things like burpees, squat jumps etc but I quite enjoyed it :)

I found my missing kit , I am a total muppet and had not taken it all back to the UK where I have another set

I can start with my 90 day program in the morning hoorah

I shall be taking regular photos and will share them at a later date ( when there is an improvement I hope ) , I feel I have lost a lot of muscle tone over the last 2 months with all the back and forth and very disjointed workouts , its been well over a month since I did anything so I may ache the day after tomorrow !!!!!

Well done Mary, that is great going :)

Glad you found your kit Sam - I don't envy your imminent muscle ache! When I got back from Mexico and I started working out properly again, every part of me was aching :) Now I only ache if Mr G covers extra classes that I do (as he loves to torture the legs - one of his classes a week is enough torture. The other week he did 2 of my Tuesday classes and a Wednesday class. I was feeling that for a few days!).

Wow, well done Murtle :biggrin:

I think I may be joining you in the achey camp Sam, just found out that Mr Grumpy isn't going to be in tomorrow, so Mr G is more than likely going to be taking his classes tomorrow :laugh: :rolleyes: I love Mr G's classes, but they are tough on the legs! I have visions of him doing the evil squat song in all 3 classes :unsure: :laugh: I wasn't sure what to do in the gym tonight, so though I would do some stuff on the legs, then Deejay told me tomorrow would be legs day, so I might be better doing something else :laugh: