UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

I have been brave and downloaded the evil squat song. It is part of a 30 day squat challenge on you tube to tone up your bum and thighs, might try and get some practice in outside of Mr G's classes :ninja:

There was a new girl in strength and conditioning tonight, as you go around in partners, once I had explained how the class worked, I asked if she wanted to partner me. I was really kind and let her use all the light weights, meaning, I got the heavy ones. Only time I struggled was when we were doing squats with a weight on our shoulders. I let her have the 'light' one (16kg) and I got the heavy one (21kg). I was fine with it until we had to move on, then I struggled to get the weight off my shoulders and over my head to put on the floor. One of the fit gym guys had to rescue me - twice :biggrin: The second time, I didn't even try, I just stood there looking hopeless till the next guys who were on that station arrived and they rescued me :laugh:

We'll done Jayne. I am doing well, conserving energy and ready to bounce off the walls. Will be doing a 2 mile run today at speed just to clear the legs and maybe park run on Saturday. Then I'll be battling the elements on Sunday with fingers and toes crossed!! Positive thoughts would be appreciated as I attempt my first marathon! xxx

• Like 1

Good luck for Sunday - am sure you will do well :flowers:

I did the squat song last night when I got home. It is so unpleasant, but each time I do it, it becomes a bit easier :)

Cycle blast tonight - Deejay is covering tonight as Clare is on holiday. Her cycle blast is mega hard, so not looking forward to that too much - she gets you to do a 3 min sprint at the end (when your legs are knackered :laugh: ). However she did say she has some new music, so hopefully the 3 min sprint has gone :laugh:

Well done - that is amazing :biggrin: You should be so proud of yourself :flowers:

Am still persevering with the evil squat song. I have done it every day since Thursday. I counted yesterday though that it is only 31 squats. I can do 50+ squats with no real issue, so am guessing it is the bits where you hold the squats that kills you :laugh:

I am sure muscle must wobble a bit , well thats what I am telling myself anyway !

whats the 30 day squat thingy then ? when I get back to SL next week I am going to do a 90 day circuit program but the squat thing sounds interesting as well.

I am taking my bike with me so I can do some cardio early morning as cardio is the hardest thing to do there , I am also going to buy a cross trainer

I have been very inconsistent with my work outs recently so all that changes from next week !