UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

I don't either! 4 weeks holiday are certainly showing, not just the lack of running but the little I did was in hot weather...it is rather cold and wet here instead which makes it all harder!

You could do your very own triathlon, swim, spin and treadmill - distances of your choice!!!

Have fun :)

I did a different tone and shape class last night. When I walked in, all the girls had little fart arse wimpy hand weights (2kg) and I usually use 4kg hand weights in tone and shape, so I got my usual stuff out as well as a 7kg bar (they all had 5 or 6kg). To be fair I was fine with my weights for most of the stuff we did, but for one of the exercises my weights were a bit too heavy! Thought my arms were going to fall off at one point. Think I might drop down to the 3kg weight for next week :laugh:

It must take some motivation to do that Mary :laugh: :flowers:

I think Saturday's spin must have been a fluke - last night's spin was mega hard and I felt really sick afterwards :unsure: I will have flashbacks every time I hear the songs on Mr G's playlist :laugh: I was absolutely dripping with sweat by the end, but the girl next to me had a full face of makeup and hair done and didn't break a sweat (her nickname is Lazy Laura though, so that might be why...)

Had to laugh in Cycle Blast on Tuesday though, as I got my usual kettle bell (8kg) and Mr Grumpy told me to swap it for a 12kg one as the 8kg is too light for me now. To be fair, it was absolutely fine with the 12kg for the stuff we were doing, but he then went around all the blokes who had 8kg weights and told them a girl had a heavier weight than they did :laugh:

Wow. I am knackered. Just went to the gym to do an abs class and strength and conditioning, there was a charity cycle to Lapland event in the new cycle studio. Mr grumpy decided to get us to do the cycle event instead of the classes. I was happy to give them a go, and stayed on for an hour and a half and cycled 20 miles :) I even got a high 5 from Mr Grumpy for cycling that far :biggrin:

I was brave/stupid tonight in tone and shape and used the same weights as I did last week. I managed to do the exercises a bit easier with the heavier weights today, when we were doing the exercises that killed me last week, Deejay wished me luck with my heavy weights :laugh:

Tomorrow is my last workout till Sunday - the gym is closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day, then is open short hours between Christmas and new year. As I am working a bit over a Christmas, I can't get there till Sunday after tomorrow :( Think I am going to dust off my exercise bike and actually use it as an exercise bike instead of a clothes horse :laugh:

Christmas did not really impact us here !

Mark and I have finally got back into routine and using our new cross trainer and DVDS

We are doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shread and Bob Harpers Yoga for the warrior

Trust me it's not wussy yoga !

3.30 plank that's really impressive , have you considered doing something like a triathlon ? Am sure you could do really well at one

Glad you are keeping at it :)

They do yoga after my core workout class on a Tuesday, however I think it is wussy yoga as it tends to be full of ladies of a certain age who come equipped with their own yoga mat :unsure:

I had considered a triathlon, my main issue would be the run though - I just don't like running :unsure: also round near me, it is mega hilly, so any triathlon would involve cycling and running up and down steep hills :laugh: