UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Tonight, I said something I never thought I would say.... I was running on the treadmill and Deejay walked past and commented that I had decided to run. I replied with 'I am only running a mile, so it's not too bad'. This time 12 months ago, walking a mile was a big deal, let alone running a mile. Just made me realise how far I have come over the last 12 months :)

Well done Sam hope the acheyness passes quickly.

Well done Jayne, we had a similar thing on Sunday when one of the girls was asked ifnshe had done any long runs since reading half. Get answer was, no on 10k's (6 miles). There was a time we thought parkrun was far!

I run 5 days a week if I can, tues, wed, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. In there, I will do speed, hills, tempo and two long runs. Friday and Monday are rest days (or body pump if I can) very occasionally I do track on the Friday.

Yes you need to rest or your pick up niggles that turn into injurys. The two long back to back

Runs are to help learn to run when the legs are tired and to keep going, but I need to rest my legs after.

It is odd to think of running half marathon distances...for fun, and only as a training run (oh yes and I wore my little rucksack too!) xxx

When I was doing gym work as well, I could exercise everyday so long as I rested the muscle groups. However, I found I sometimes got physically exhausted. I know it's down to refuelling after exercise that I don't always do so well. Being a veggie can be a pain when I want something quick and nourishing!

Your plan sounds good, 30mins intense exercise will be really good and get you back to where you were and improving quickly xx

Omg, my legs are dead. Fitball was pretty good tonight - not too much legs. However cycle blast and strength and conditioning really got your legs :laugh: At the end of strength and conditioning Mr G had us doing the evil squat song. I managed to do it all, there weren't many of us who did it all, it was mega hard going though :)

cripes , how many clothes sizes have you gone down ?

I had to get all my clothes here taken in not once but twice by the local streamstress once I started losing weight and going to the gym

working out here has been a non event this week as temperatures have been reaching 45 degrees ! on the plus side thats a appetite killer as well

• Like 1

I shall ask if anyone is interested Sam :flowers:

I think the temp high today is 3 degrees :laugh:

Am still plodding along with my classes and gym work - I am working loads over Christmas though, and the gym is open less hours, which means I won't be able to go for a few days :( Not good when it's the festive, eat everything in sight season and I go away on the 10th January :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone getting on? We are getting a new spinning studio at the gym - had a look in last night with the big boss of the gym. It looks really nice and the bikes are well posh. There are screens at the front of the studio to give you something to watch whilst you pedal :) Am braving another spin class on Saturday morning and next Wednesday - am hoping that I will be better at it than last time I tried!!

Am really aching today after yesterday's abs class. It made me laugh though as he said that we were going to do a min and a half plank and asked who wanted a weight on their back. The whole class turned to look at me :laugh: I did the whole plank with a 4kg weight on my back, then at the end we did a 2 min plank - I refused the weight for that one :laugh:

Well done- I have given up on running for a while. I felt like it was killing my left knee :unsure: It has definitely been better since I stopped pounding the treadmill :) I do feel like I have been beaten up today though - my abs are sore and my shoulders are a bit achey too :)