UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Khanu :flowers: Hope you enjoyed your second session :)

Strength and conditioning tonight - really enjoyed it tonight, at the end Matt wanted us to do the squat walks. As it was those that made my knee hurt on Tuesday, I refused to do them. Matt shouted at me to do them (he called me by my surname, so he meant business!) but I told him I wasn't doing them as they hurt my knee last time. The rest of the class was really good - nothing too hideous :)

Evil abs class this morning - there was only 2 of us. Me and a girl who had never done it before. It was the 45 min class, so even more time to torture us than usual. I told Ryan who does the class that he killed me on Tuesday and he said he didn't think Tuesday had challenged me too much :) Anyway, the other girl found the class really hard, and kept stopping. I found it hard, but was able to keep going. It made me realise how far I have progressed over the last few months :) On the way out I was chatting to Mr G, and she was walking past us on the way out. She turned around to Mr G and said I was amazing to be able to do all the really hard abs stuff in the class :) can't wait to compare bikini shots from Egypt to the ones I take in Mexico :biggrin:

A 13.4 mile run today. It was sooooo hot I stopped at a couple of pubs to refil my bottle of water. For some reason tere was rain all around us today but we just got the blistering sunshine. Sadly it was cloudy when I left and looked like it was going to rain...so no glasses or hat so hard going.

Well done for your class today Jayne xxx

Just a 9k run this morning strapped to Breckin which generally means my pace is quicker than it would otherwise be. I knew all about it later. Straight on to an agility lesson - I was instructing and did think I wouldn't be running round a lot, but I ended up demoing a fair amount and running back and forth to my van for equipment. My legs ached.

Not sure I'm going to get the chance to do anything tomorrow as we have a stall at a local fair and I've got a lot to get organised before we head off and it will be a long day. Never mind, I'll consider it a welcome rest day.

I'm well impressed Murtle. Furthest I've gone recently is 10k. Concentrating on trying to improve my speed at the moment for a 10k I've entered in early Oct. But I've signed up for a half marathon in March so I'm going to have to start getting in longer runs after that. Will have to get some Hi-viz stuff as longer runs means I'll have to run on the roads round here, most of which are just country lanes, no pavement.

Well done Khanu, if you are running in light just make sure you have colour on rather than blacks and dark blues and be prepared to dive into hedges! Parts of my runs end up in places with no pavement and you just need to be alert, no headphones on in those areas and run visibly.

I have to do a 50 minute run sometime today, debating either before or after my course at the moment.

Sounds like everyone is making really great progress

Mark and I rejoined the gym yesterday ( they will let rejoin temporarily when we visit UK ) and our first visit is today

Sadly our lovely PT is off work having suffered an accident which has left him on crutches , so we are going to do a training plan he wrote for us before we left

It will be interesting to be back and see what aches tomorrow !

Good luck Sam and Mark :)

Well done Khanu :)

Hope you run went ok Murtle :flowers:

No training for me today (unless you count crazy golf and eating ice cream sundaes as training :laugh: :unsure: ) - going to attempt a run on Monday evening when I get home - will try for 1.5 miles at a steady pace I think as I haven't ran for a couple of weeks :)

ran on a treadmill for the first time today in 4 months and overall not to bad , just played around with the speed and walked , ran , sprinted and in 17 minutes ran 2km which is not going to win any land speed records but is very good after a 16 week break !

I have done some limited road running since I left , a few 5km in Melbourne and shorter runs in Sri Lanka where it really is hard to run outside

I intend to make the most use of the treadmills as I can whilst we are here

Gooster as the font of all knowledge re classes as we are minus our lovely PT we are thinking of doing some classes , do you have body pump at your gym and if so what do you think ?

Well done Sam :)

Body pump sounds good - we don't have that one at my gym, but I think I would enjoy it from reading the description :)

Have a go at spinning - it's a class guaranteed to make you sweat like nothing else (take a towel and a 750ml bottle of water), I find pure spinning a little bit boring - prefer cycle blast where you are on and off the bike and doing different exercises like squats etc, but I will do a spin class if I need to :)

Grr fat fingers just lost my post.

I love Body pump. It is great as a strength building class targeting specific muscle groups which I have found useful for running.

Pilates is gear and has helped my running form due to the core strengthening which supports the leg movement.

Body balance I used to love as a good stretching class at the end of a tough week, it was a yoga and other stuff mix.

Kick boxing was good fun but I have to be careful with my shoulders and half of kick boxing is actually your arms so it didn't work for me!

I didn't see a circuit class, but that is also fun for an all over workout!

Good luck with choosing what you do! Also go on try road running whilst you are back Sam, you know you want to!! Maybe a parkrun whilst you are here!!

xxx

Be careful of the spin bikes, I can't get them to the right fit and really hurt my hips when I did it though lots of people live it.

Loobie park run are free 5km runs around the country (and world) held on a Saturday morning at 9am. You get a barcode and they are timed. Our local one has runners from 15:11 to about an hour. It is really friendly and encouraging. Is there one near you?

The website is: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/