UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Jayne.

I've managed W1D3 :). I nearly didn't as it was pissing it down, but it dried up a bit. I took Kia with me - my jogging pace matches her trot perfectly, so it worked really well. For some reason I found today tougher than the other two, despite it being the same intervals. Glad I did it though.

• Like 2

Parkrun in the snow and slushy park! Not a bad run at about 31 minutes considering the conditions!!

wow thats dedication , well done

Well done Sophie and Murtle :)

I should go swimming more often, my gym has a 25m pool and I can use that as often as I want.

Day off from the gym today :)

swimming is really great and gives the joints a rest , Mark is doing more swimming whilst he is resting his knee

our PT session today was good even though the fire alarm went off mid session and we had to evacuate the gym , funny for us but less funny for the ladies who were having massages in the spa who had to come outside in dressing gowns and filp flops

Well done murtle - don't know how you have the motivation to go out in the snow! I took the dogs for a walk along my running route this afternoon - I kept getting hit in the eye by snowflakes!

I keep meaning to go swimming regularly, but haven't yet managed to fit it in with dog walking, work, and agility training (and pool opening hours). I think I figured I could manage it if I went when the pool opens at 6am, but I'm not quite that dedicated, and I like my sleep!

Fire alarm sound exciting - I'm guessing from the casualness of your comment that the gym was not in fact on fire ?!? :spudnikfireman:

Fire alarm sound exciting - I'm guessing from the casualness of your comment that the gym was not in fact on fire ?!? :spudnikfireman:

thankfully not , I would have run up the stairs a lot faster if it had been

Tomorrow I am going to try a 4km run , furtherest I have run so far is 3km but I felt I could have gone on :) I am looking forward to running my first 5k very soon

Good luck with the 4km Sam :flowers:

I've done todays run (W2D1) - I think I'm actually starting to enjoy this :) I did find it much tougher than last week though. It was freezingly cold out which didn't help, I need to be better about layering up clothing, as I was too cold to start with and too hot by the end. I took Logan again, and had him on his head collar as well as harness, and he was much better at pacing himself to me. I managed 2.58km in 19:00, total of 3.64 km including the warm up and cool down walks.

Good luck, I am a firm believer that you can so it xx

Thank you

Good luck with the 4km Sam :flowers:

I've done todays run (W2D1) - I think I'm actually starting to enjoy this :) I did find it much tougher than last week though. It was freezingly cold out which didn't help, I need to be better about layering up clothing, as I was too cold to start with and too hot by the end. I took Logan again, and had him on his head collar as well as harness, and he was much better at pacing himself to me. I managed 2.58km in 19:00, total of 3.64 km including the warm up and cool down walks.

its much tougher for you as your outdoors in this rather cold weather , glad your enjoying it :)

I ran my 4km today on the treadmill in 26 minutes , I am running at a much slower speed than when I was doing the timed 2.4 km run and today was just to see if I can run for that long ( I can I can :pinkie: )

Next session I am going to do a 30 minute treadmill trainer program I got out of a running magazine which I will add here later

I am confident that even if I never increased my speed I could do my first treadmill 5km in under 35 minutes

what music is everyone listening to when running / exercising ?

My favourite running track currently is

House full of nothing - Human League

http://youtu.be/rdSNzfcB8Xo

and ( lord knows where I got this from )

U & Me - Cappella

Think I am running in the 90s !

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel