UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Brilliant well done Sam, time for Apple strudel now :-). xxx

I am so pleased for you Sam, to have gone from a , I'm not a runner to really getting the bit between your teeth you have done so well. I am really impressed by what you have achieved xxx

yaaaay! Well done Sam :partytime:

I will have a look out for almond milk next time I am at the supermarket. Working next to a Waitrose tomorrow so may try in there :)

let me know how you get on with it , I don't have it in hot drinks but in cereal and porridge its great :)

How are you feeling now ?

Brilliant well done Sam, time for Apple strudel now :-). xxx

I am so pleased for you Sam, to have gone from a , I'm not a runner to really getting the bit between your teeth you have done so well. I am really impressed by what you have achieved xxx

I was so not a runner , I did not even want to walk on the damn treadmill !

Thank you for your advice as well

Well done to you all.

I am still here and plodding on in my own sweet way :D

good for you :speak_cool:

Will do Sam :)

Am feeling ok ish, keep going a bit light headed at times, but a taste of lucozade sorts me out. Had tomato soup for lunch today again :) I am usually fine with regular milk in tea, as I just tend to show it the milk, but in porridge it will be nice to have the taste of porridge but without the unfortunate after effects :laugh:

Mmmmmm porridge :biggrin:

Am back at the gym tonight, got Chris to weigh me. Have gone from 9 stone 4 to 8 stone 11 :) As crappy as I have felt, it has accelerated my weight loss :biggrin: Had an easy day today, just done 10 mins on the cross trainer and bike. Doing 15 mins slower walking on the treadmill now :)

Just out of interest of course :ninja: How do you get used to running on a treadmill without needing to hold on? :ninja:

do you hold on at all when you are walking currently ?

My PT had me walk a bit faster each time holding weights then jog without weights for say 1-2 minutes then walk again , all this can be done at slow speeds so you can walk again if you feel unsteady and remember you don't need a gradient which should make you feel more stable

I think from my personal experience its about building up slowly and if you can run for even 30 seconds thats progress

I run on a 0.5 gradient as my PT s says that's about the same as a flat road ,

Try walking on a flat gradient as fast as you can and then jog for 30 seconds and see how that feels

Missus Murtle I am considering running outside in the early morning in Sri Lanka , just after 6 am when the roads are quite and the heat has not built up. Any top tips from moving from treadmill to road running