UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Welcome back Murtle :)

Am going to be having words with Mr Grumpy when I see him later. When I spoke to him on Sunday and told him about the evilness that was Ryan's abs class, then I mentioned I was booked on to do it again today, he told me not to worry as Ryan doesn't work Tuesdays. Walked into the class this morning and Ryan was there :laugh: :rolleyes: Thankfully Tuesday's abs class is only 30 minutes, but it was still mega hard. Initially I was the only one booked on to do the class, then 2 other girls showed up, which I was quite glad about, as I always feel a bit awkward if it is just me in the class :rolleyes:

Anyhow, today is the day I have been a bit enthusiastic, as am going back later to do fitball :laugh: Might be regretting this tomorrow :laugh:

Just back from the gym. Both Mr G and Mr Grumpy were there tonight. Mr Grumpy was in an especially grumpy mood today, which I am assuming is because Mr G has taken over his Fitball class :biggrin: OMG though was it hard work on the legs :laugh: Not much abs work thankfully, but he really hammered our legs and bums big style. One of the girls said 'omg, you'll be able to bounce a penny off my bum when we have done today!'. A lot of people use Fitball as a warmup for the class that follows - strength and conditioning (which I don't do because it sounds hard :laugh: ), I think they will struggle to do that now :laugh: Can't do the class next week as I am working on Tuesday, but will be back at it the week after :)

did PT today , only 1 more session before we go and I am really going to miss our trainer as he has literally changed my life in the last 6 months

I am stronger , fitter and more emotionally healthy as a result of joining the gym and meeting him by chance ( he did my induction )

I am going to work very hard over the summer so when I see him again in October I will be even fitter than I am now !

So glad you enjoy your PT sessions Sam - I really wish my gym did inclusive PT sessions :)

I totally nailed the treadmill today (well by my standards anyway!). I did 1 minute warm up in walk, then ran at 5.5mph for 9 minutes without having to come back to walk :biggrin: I did a total of 0.8miles in 10 mins :)

Well done Jayne :) that's an awesome run , remember to stretch after running ( I am sure you do ) but Mark did'nt and he buggered his knees temporarily

Mary glad you have the inhalers sorted

I have booked my hotel in Melbourne for my holiday and it has a small gym with a treadmill :)

In Sri Lanka I have exercise DVDs , hand weights , exercise ball and a TRX to keep me on track

Thanks guys :) I have been a good girl and remembered to stretch :)

I did another 9 minutes yesterday on the treadmill - ran at 5.6mph and felt ok afterwards (although I was super hot and sweaty :laugh: ). My plan is to get comfortable with 9 mins, then extend it by a minute when I feel I can manage that ok :)

Core workout today, it wasn't too hard today (not like when Mr Evil does it :laugh: ), but I still felt it working my abs. My Monday core class is being replaced with Fitball as of next week, so going to have to find another core class to go to, as whilst the other classes work the abs, I do like to do a full session on them once a week - might have to go to the Tuesday morning one, and then go back for Mr G's Fitball class later (as he hammers the legs, not the abs :) )

10 mins on the treadmill in a run today :biggrin:

There was only me in tone and shape yesterday - think the instructor was hoping I would say not to bother, but there is no way I am saying no to 45 mins of free personal training! :laugh: :biggrin:

I now have 23 weeks until I am baring myself in a bikini, so need to keep up the hard work. Am hoping to recreate my Egypt bikini shot in Mexico, so I can see the difference :)

Thanks Murtle - I still want to shrink my bum and thighs a bit, but will keep going with my gym workouts and am sure I will get there - especially with Mr G's help in fitball. I didn't do fitball this week as I was working, but Mr G said they finished with 120 squats - definitely think my legs would be dead after that :laugh:

120 squats ! thats not fitball thats legalised torture :D

I am back to circuit DVDs from tomorrow ,as it was 32 degrees at 19.30hrs tonight I am not sure how I am going to manage but I will give it a go

I am also going to use my new TRX ( Rip 60 ) , rather excited about that as well

All that said I might start the day with a yoga DVD in the morning...............................