UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

We think the maths was slightly out

Ran at 10.3 from start to 2km and then ramped up to a big sprint finishing at 12.6

Time was still 14.16 !

Difference from the last time I ran this speed was I had a lot more left , my recovery was fast and PT said I looked steady throughout

He is really happy that I ran the entire 2.4 at a minimum speed of 10.3 and he said that's a better increase of aerobic fitness than running slower and just sprinting

Tomorrow the plan is to run the first 2km at 10.5 and then sprint the final .4

Excellent, well done Sam. Steady running is good, if you have anything left it is better to leave it on the road than have the energy to kick yourself afterwards!! That's what I tell myself anyway :-)

Roll on the next time.

xxx

Well done Sam :)

At the risk of sounding like a nag, don't work too hard at it and burn out. Don't forget your muscles need time to recover and rebuild :flowers:

Am planning on a gentle trip back to the gym tomorrow after work - hopefully :) Just going to do 10 mins on cross trainer in normal mode, 10 mins on the bike and 10 mins on the treadmill. Just to break myself back into going again. It's been a week today since I last went, but it feels like much longer :rolleyes:

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like a nag, don't work too hard at it and burn out. Don't forget your muscles need time to recover and rebuild :flowers:

very funny :nahnah:

I run 2 days on 1 day off currently , yesterday was a rest day so I am good to run again tomorrow , once I break this 14 minutes PT is going to change my distance and speed as he wants to build me towards a 5Km.

I am going for a gentle group session tonight with the running club, I believe we are doing pacing ahead of the half marathon on Sunday.

However, I am currently in a queue buying apple strudel :-)

yummy strudel :smile_anim:

Difference from the last time I ran this speed was I had a lot more left , my recovery was fast and PT said I looked steady throughout

I did mine in 11.24 and thought my legs were falling off!!!. Sam did really well and recovered quite quickly :-)

Yay to 5km build up :-) xxxx

Hmm strudel!

xxx

Is strudel the new "miles in your legs" health food ?

Edited by Hollysdad

Is strudel the new "miles in your legs" health food ?

Definitely...great combination of light carbs and fruit. What more could you need?

please say yes , please say yes , please say yes , please say yes , please say yes , please say yes , please say yes , please say yes

Yes yes yes!!

Mark, well done on that time, that's really good!

Mark is amazing on the treadmill , he runs as fast as our PT !

They didn't have it at my local shop today. Might go and have a look in sainsburys in a minute though ( am at Manchester Piccadilly at the moment).

I find its normally only available in larger supermarkets , I went to Morrison's tonight to get some and stocked up with 3 cartoons

• Like 1