UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

You can do yoga in the morning and a workout in the evening!! Ha ha ha only jealous cause I am in jumper and sweat pants cause it has rained all day and has been chilly!!

I can't work out if doing 120 squats is actually worthwhile?! Will have to think about that!!

Was looking forward to park run tomorrow, but the weather forecast has changed to rain again :-(

X

They are different types of squats, narrow stance squats, sumo squats, then split squats on each leg. All against the wall using the Swiss ball in the small of your back to support you. My legs are definitely thinner since doing them!

Tonight I have done 12 mins on evil mode on the cross trainer, 15 mins on the bike, 50 regular squats, 45 Bulgarian split squats on each leg, 1 min plank with 4kg weight on my back, 45 second side plank holding up 4kg dumbbell on each side, 1 min hollow man; finishing with a 1 min plank on the bosu ball :) I have also schooled Blue for an hour, mainly in trot and canter :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hmmm, still tying to work it out!!

I think it is just because we train for different outputs rather than me thinking it isn't worthwhile. Well i know i don't think it isn't worthwhile, just checking to see if it is worthwhile for me as i am always interested in adding things you guys do to my training programme!! i do follow a lady on face book who is a bodybuilder / model and I believe they do similar levels of exercise. Sadly squats don't make my legs thinner, in fact very little makes my legs thinner but squats make them bulk out! Long steady / slow runs are the one thing that finally started getting my legs slimmer so I hope I can get back to those soon!

Quick question do you squat with a weight? See I love squats, so still want to Add more!!

x

Edited by murtle

Warm up squats are without weights, start off with half squats for 20, then do the other 30 as full squats. When we squat with the ball, I usually use 2.5kg hand weights in each hand, and try and touch the floor with them with the narrow and sumo stances. With the Bulgarian split squats, I use hand weights, just hold them for the first 2 sets of 15, then on the final set, as I squat, I do a curl. For squats without the ball (not in the warm up), we usually use the 7kg barbell across our shoulders. I hated squats at first, but don't mind them now :)

so yesterday was a total blow out as it was 38 degrees at 4pm !

Early this morning Mark and I did a 30 minute circuit DVD which even at the cool temperatures of 28 degrees was a challenge

plan to do another one tomorrow morning ( seems best time currently ) and maybe some swimming late afternoon

Well done Sam and Mark :)

Have done fitball tonight - Had to laugh as my ball went flying across the dance studio at one point when we were doing the ball Passover things. I mustn't have had a tight grip of it and it went flying across the room :laugh: :rolleyes:

Nearly had an ultimate panic when I got to the gym tonight though, as Mr G was sat behind the desk. His fitball is mega hard on the legs, and I am doing his class tomorrow night. There is no way I could do 2 of his fitball classes on consecutive days, so I was quite relieved when Deejay came in :)

Am trying to decide whether to do an abs class tomorrow morning, I don't do an abs class now the timetable has changed, and none of my classes that I do really work the abs like a core workout does. There is one on tomorrow morning, so might set my alarm and see if I still have the motivation then :laugh:

Well done Sam and Mark :)

Did you do the abs class Jayne?

I'm hoping to be back doing couch to 5k soon. Touch-wood, but my migraines seem to have been much better recently :) I've had a stinking cold for the last week which has put me off trying again, but once its cleared I'll be back running. I dug out the wii fit on the weekend and did 30 mins of yoga and muscle exercises. Will be doing that again tonight :) Not much, but its at least a start.

No :ninja: :laugh: My alarm went off, and I just switched it off. Working the next 6 days straight, so decided I needed a lie in :laugh:

Well done on the yoga etc - I think it takes more motivation to set the Wii up and use it - much easier to just sit and watch telly :laugh: Glad your migraines are improving too :flowers:

Off to fitball now - wish me (or rather my legs) luck, get the feeling they are going to be hammered tonight :laugh:

OMG my legs :laugh: There were 5 newbies in the class tonight and 3 of us who go regularly. He made us regular people do double the number of reps than the newbies (which is fair enough). However because I am pretty confident with most of the stuff, and get on with the exercise, he made me do loads of extra work. Then when I had finished everything and the others were still doing their stuff, he made me do 50 crunches :laugh: When one of the newbies told him that was mean, he said that I was fit and could hack it :biggrin: I told him I wouldn't sat I was fit, but fitter than I used to be :biggrin:

Thanks, Mr G did call me over on the way out of the gym to apologise for picking on me in the class - I wasn't bothered though, as I figure if he picks on me, it means he knows I have the ability to do the extra stuff he is asking me to do. That makes me feel fab, as I was always hopeless at sport at school, so the fact that I can do my classes and more is ace!

Well done on the run Murtle - I know what you mean about comfy sofas, I have ironing to do, but am too comfy to want to get up and do it :laugh:

Well done Jayne :)

And well done Murtle :)

Yesterday I did another 30 mins of wii fit - 15 mins yoga and 15 mins of muscle excercises (including a 30s plank - I know what you're complaining about now :S) I also managed to drag the OH and dogs out for an extra evening walk for 30 mins. So did a full hour of extra exercise over normal, which is a start. Agility with Kia tonight, and hopefully more wii fit.