UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

I'm still here Murtle (thanks for missing me :) )

I was a bit gutted to find out that my pedometer was lying to me. There's three modes on it - stopwatch, steps counter and km. So if I did say 9000 steps, it would show about 16 km. I treated myself to an ipod touch recently and dowloaded a pedometer app, wore both of them one day and noticed a huge difference in the km even though the steps was the same. So I don't know what the reading on the pedometer is about.

Therefore I wasn't running as far as I thought I was.

Last Friday I managed to drag myself out for a walk and did 4 miles along the canal and really enjoyed it. I don't like going out on my own but hopefully I can keep this going because I saw a difference on my scales this morning :biggrin:

Well done to you all for your achievements. You're all brilliant :jammin:

Sorry to hear that mags, but well done on the outside bit.

I joined the sweatshop 10mile run today, I think ouch is the term. I met a couple of lovely ladies who together we encouraged each other and I managed to run my fastest 10miles! A 2.5 mile panic warm up to get there didn't help my legs at the end, but hopefully the more relaxed 2.5 miles jog home afterwards did!

Now waiting for Ben to come home so we can go and eat, I am framing of wagamama's!

Vonny did I ever mention 100 sit ups...ouch, will take me some time before I can do that!!!

10 miles thats over 16km , you are a running superstar Murtle and you deserve loads of yummy food :pinkie:

I have been busted :ohmy: My PT has been watching me on the treadmill over the week and wants to see what my 5km time would be :ph34r: so this week I have to drop down my speed to 7km and see if I can work up to 3km. He did mention me trying to get off the treadmill in week one and two ( fast walking holding weights ) and my regular statements of "not liking running"

Well done that's brilliant! , you can map your excursions Mags on applications like map my run (there are others) It was great for me as it made me look at my local area and choose suitable / longer routes that had turn back options! Then I got competitive on mysel and would try and improve my times, but you obviously don't have to do that part!!

Edited by murtle

Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

I probably would get competitive but maybe that's a good thing.

Walking along the canal is so peaceful and it's gorgeous when the weather is nice (I must take a photo). I'm a bit of an odd ball cos although I don't like going out on my own, once I'm walking I don't want to meet anyone. Therefore, the part I'm walking on is grass so don't know what it will be like if it rains. I'm going to try going a bit further tomorrow :lmaosmiley:

Enjoy your class Gooster and shame you're missing yours Murtle

Edited by Mags