UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Morning :wavey:

Day 2 of having the builders in. Did I tell you I'm having an extension built? I got them to cover the trenches with boards last night so the dogs could go out safely. No need for boards with Betsy, she ran round & round at 200mph after the builders had left, jumping gaps and different levels. The builders had made a ramp for the dogs, but Betsy didn't need it, she seems to have springs in her legs :ohmy: . Pansy is a different matter though, she's traumatised & refuses to wee or poo out there. I've had to put her lead on & take her out the front :(

Anyway, :GroupHug: to all who need them, I'm off to brew up for the builders now.

Owl, which way was she going? As you know, my daughter lives on the hill at West Handley...if you drive Handley Road from Coal Aston to New Whitt you can see the square from there...if the dachs went thataway, I'll tell my daughter to look out for it. Also one of her neighbours rides frequently round the area, she can look too.

I felt really ill yesterday, started feeling sick at around 3....then I got the shivers, then felt red hot, and started coughing. :unsure: I went to bed at around nine, fell asleep and didn't wake up until the alarm went at 5.50! This morning..no cough, no shivers, but my head does feel as if it's not really attached. Wonder what all that was about? (and no, I hadn't been eating any funny mushrooms!)

Come on then Kittycat, let's have the photos to prove it! :D

Chloe min dachs is still around mine, was in small wood belonging to next door neighbour but one at 8 this morning, down the little bridleway just down hill from mine. Luckily the search party was close but she is so fast and nips through hedges. I have to go somewhere else now, but please pass on numbers on this link to daughter, all horse riders, everyone you know round there:

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=44673&status=Lost

She could easily go through Stubbings Wood, though at present she seems to be in an area based on my house. Talk about taking your work home with you, mine has followed me home. Handy because they can have a barbecue in my paddock tonight.

I wouldn't mind a onesie providing they do one in my size - it would take enough material to clothe a small African nation.

Suzeanna it's good you got a decent sleep but not so good your head is floating somewhere above you.

Sending positive healing thoughts for Murtle's F-I-L

I forgot to say the other day that my friend in Connecticut came through Sandy OK as did her elderly F-I-L

Missus Merle just be yourself at work matey. You are a luffley person and don't need to hold back or change yourself in any way.

Owl I hope the little Dachsie surrenders very soon. I once helped look after a lovely 15th century house in Shropshire which came with a resident Dachsie and they are such little characters.

I hope I haven't missed anyone out!

• Like 1

Pansy is a different matter though, she's traumatised & refuses to wee or poo out there. I've had to put her lead on & take her out the front :(

Awww, poor mite :GroupHug:

I felt really ill yesterday, started feeling sick at around 3....then I got the shivers, then felt red hot, and started coughing. :unsure: I went to bed at around nine, fell asleep and didn't wake up until the alarm went at 5.50! This morning..no cough, no shivers, but my head does feel as if it's not really attached. Wonder what all that was about? (and no, I hadn't been eating any funny mushrooms!)

Hope it was nuffink :flowers:

RMF : Thanks for all your lovely comments. It was just my insecurities coming out. I am really glad I went in to the office today cos we all went to Maccy Dees for lunch and me and my male colleagues (my boss and other supplier manager) were literally crying because we were laughing so much and I was in imminent danger of leakage :biglaugh: Had a lovely chat with my boss later on and took on a load more projects which will keep me busy for a while.

suzeanna - you were spot on with your advice re thinking negatively, which I knew but needed reminding of. I took your advice and went into work in a much more positive frame of mind this morning, which definitely helped.

• Like 2

RMF: I saw Esco Williams in Maccy Dees at lunchtime, which won't mean a jot to the vast majority of people on here. I only knew because I'd seen him on the local news a couple of times as the MOBOs were held in Liverpool this week. He won the Unsung award at the MOBOs. He does a lot of work with kids, which he says is his passion.

• Like 1

hugs to all poorly Fugees and scared dogs

Merledogs, glad you feel more positive today

r.e onesies......... i like onesies apart from the toilet practicalities, i have mastered the art of not needing to fully wake up and pop to the loo in the night.... in a onesie however i have to fully wake myself up to undress myself, great for when you are ill and can't be bothered with getting dressed though

had an awful week, we had a leak from the upstairs radiator which resulted in water poring through the ceiling...right by the light which resulted in an ememrgency phonecall to my dad to come and sort out, then all of the animals decided to make me take them to the vets so i have had a very very expensive month. this morning i showed my dad a pup i had spotted on gumtree...... he turned round and said i could have it!!!!!! i declined as i don't buy dogs but you could have knocked me over with a feather.... had it been free to a good home i would have now been introducing you to my staffy pup..... never mind!

Another fairly mental day, tomorrow looks to be the same. Min dachs was seen yesterday In Stubbings Wood which is between my place and where suzeanna's daughter lives, so the gang went and dropped flyers in all the houses in West Handley. This evening a man was returning home there, his wife showed him the flyer and he said Chloe had just gone past him heading back to the Travellers. Search party out again tomorrow morning, I will take a stroll without Wispa down to Stubbings Wood, then we are on another search late morning at Shuttlewood a few miles away. Thursday Wispa must have a day off.

I am off to the first of the auctions of mums stuff tomorrow, this one is the general sale and we only have 1 lot in it, but its a VERY big mixed lot, in 2 weeks time is the fine art auction and we've got 3 or 4 lots in that, MIL is coming with me tomorrow and Nicks cross with me as he wanted to come and I forgot to tell him when it was and he now can't get time off. I'm going to register to bid - not that I plan on buying anything but you never know lol

My turn to get up first this morning..5.45, ugh! Pleased to see Obama was re-elected, but did BBC and ITV have to be showing exactly the same thing, on and on and on? Ended up watching Thomas the Tank Engine on Beeb2, and treated to the sight of my OH sitting in bed with his coffee, singing along to the words at the end! :D (they were written at the bottom of the screen, kareoke style!) We had breakfast watching the end of Heartbeat and the beginning of the Royal, thought he was going to be late for work as he watched to see the outcome of the injured sailor. I didn't even realise these progs were still on, you live and learn!

Glad you are feeling more positive Alex and that you had an entertaining lunch break.

Owl, I hope Chloe will be found before then, but my daughter has Friday's off so if not I'll ask her to drive around the area slowly and see if she has any luck spotting the elusive little runaway, and we are going to Ward's nursery on Saturday so will do the same.

Snow..if you are thinking you might bid on some items of your mum's, wouldn't it be the best thing not to put those items up for sale in the first place?? :unsure:

Edited by suzeanna

Oh Snow I love auctions! I used to go regularly and bagged many bargains. I can almost guarantee that if you register to bid you will get caught up in it and find yourself bidding! LOL I nearly always went to the viewing of the lots the day before so I could see the items close up and take notes on which lots I was most interested in in order to stop myself getting carried away on the day. It didn't always work out like that - eye roll. I once came away with a box full of 1973 Mothers Day plates from Copenhagen bought for £20. They were bankrupt stock and were still in their original shipping box. I sold a fair number of them on eBay for a fiver each and one job lot of about a dozen for £25 so more than made my money back. And I still have about 2 dozen of them several years later!

Anyone want a 1973 Mors Dag plate? LOL

I've everything crossed that the little Dachsie is soon reunited with his family and I hope Wispa enjoys her day off tomorrow.

Thank you suzeanna, much appreciated. Watched from upstairs window for quite a while this morning but Chloe waited until I was in the shower before appearing! Luckily Chrissie was on obbo outside my place and saw her moving along edge of trees on field over the road.

Very relieved about Obama, Romney doesn't bear thinking about.