UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Marion - are you able to do a bit of ringing round hostels and b&bs while she is out to try and find her something (including the one which she says in full cos she may be fibbing)? Then when she comes back you can say that you've found her somewhere and you'll book it for her while she's on her way there :smug-1:

I've already checked. There were vacancies at Barrow House hostel but at significantly (well for her) more dosh than the £10 she would have paid at the YHA had she bothered to join from NZ and book before she left. I'm not sure if those vacancies were in both the male and female dorms or just one or tuther. None of the other YHA places around this area have vacancies as it's half term.

I don't care what sort of sob story she comes with she's not staying here again. She has 9 brothers and sisters and a daughter in N.Z so surely they could get together and put some money in her account so she can pay her way for the next couple of days and go in a B&B.

I didn't tell you the cheeky mare just sat down at my PC and started using it without even asking! Nor did she offer to help make meals or clean up after them. Another person got stuck with her for 3 nights,after offering her one nights free accommodation, and she was asked by Trisha to take her Liverpool to see the Cavern club and have a ride on the ferry across the Mersey. This person ended up having to pay for both of them! We only found this out last night.

Someone asked if she was autistic. I really don't know. She is definitely very odd though.

Alex I hope you get rid of the cold sore. Is that something that bothers you at this time of year?

Cheeky cow :ohmy:

High functioning autism may explain some of her behaviour, especially the uncommunicative part and the lack of social niceities.

I don't get cold sores that often Maz, only now and then. Never really paid much mind to when I get them :huh:

Edited by merledogs

Well she's just turned up for her bag. I handed it to her and she said "thanks for that" I said "your welcome, mind how you go, cheerio" and shut the door. I know it makes me sound like a real old Victor Meldrew but we've been getting advice from people who have been there before us and they all advised us to be tough with her. She's really unsettled us this weekend and I won't feel right until I know she has left town - which isn't until next Sunday!

• Like 1

It was me who mentioned autism....that behaviour does sound very typical, she just wouldn't be aware that it really isn't the done thing to just foist yourself on people like that. It doesn't stop her being a flaming pest though!

I chanced it and coloured my hair. There was a lot in the plughole..gulp...but still seems to be reasonable amount on my head. Of course, I havent tried drying it yet..........

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion Alex, but when I had awful splitting at the corners of my mouth recently my GP tested my iron levels and also the calcium levels and they were fine, so she came to the conclusion it was down to the chemo meds. I might try a one a day multi vitamin though.

• Like 1

Evening

The last 3 days have been hellish due to making the dreadful mistake of ordering a mobile phone from Virgin. I have just cancelled the bliddy thing because my stress levels shot through the roof and I haven't been so bad tempered in a long time. I don't care if it was the cheapest offer around they can go swivel now. Spent most of the weekend hanging around waiting for delivery and then them to advise me what was going on. No further forward so I said up yours

Marion pleased your visitor has gone. She does sound an odd person. I'm quite quiet myself in the flesh but you would think if she is a travelling type she would have been more used to conversing with people and a thank you goes a long way! Hope you don't bump into her when you're pottering around. By the way how are you fixed for a week in November? We've given up on the idea of booking a cottage and will come doss at yours. Pulls tongues lol

Claz hope you get something sorted. Shame you haven't got someone close by who could come stay with you. I assume your mum couldn't come and help out? I know it's not easy to find folk who are prepared to get up in the middle of the night and mop up after their own dogs, never mind others.

Hope you feel better now Alex

Sorry about your son Suzeanna. He must be having a thoroughly miserable time of it.

Sorry to hear little Eddie passed on.

Good morning!

Had a trip down the M6 after work last night with Baby Girl and Youngest Son to have supper with my Dad and Stepmom. It was a lovely evening. Good food and laughter. Baby Girl drove us in their new car - she and soninlaw2be have bought a bright green scirroco which does rather draw the eye! Sitting in the back seat - although lots of room - does bring on slight feelings of claustraphobia as the windows are so small and you do feel pretty well hemmed in. At least I was given the front seat on the way home! :)

Dad and Stepmom have a lhasa apso which is sooo cute. I swear she doesn't know she is a dog. Big tall muscley manly Youngest Son fell for her completely!!! In the car on the way home Baby Girl and Youngest Son informed me that my next dog (!!) should be a lhaso apso just like Suki. Errmm - point one my big soft Staffordshire Bull Terrier Jack Daniels Shaw isn't going anywhere soon and point two I love dogs that I can wrap my arms round and don't have to worry that I may break them!! The words 'cross' 'bridge' and 'cometoit' spring to mind!! hehehe!!

Out to lunch again today and another big meeting about the structure this afternoon. This is the second in three working days as there was a meeting on Friday as well. Just pass me an application form and let me get on with my work!!!!

Have a good day, y'all!! xxxx

Morning Fugees :wavey:

Tis dull, damp, drizzly & misty here again :)

Loo, I can confirm that Lhasa Apso doggies are gorgeous, there's one in our village & he is just scrummy :heart:

Marion, I'm glad you got rid of your lodger, here's hoping she doesn't find her way back to you.

I'm just drinking my first coffee of the day before getting up & making the dogs' breakfast.

Hope everyone has a good day :woof:

Misty and murky here too :mad: still, shouldn't complain as the weather forecaster was cheerfully saying it will be very cold by the end of the week and there could even be...eek!...snow.

I don't know how some people cope with things that happen due to someone else's incompetence without committing murder. I was just reading about a little girl..not even two I don't think..who her dad took to the doctor as she was very feverish and couldn't breathe properly. The receptionist refused to let him jump the queue of people already waiting although he begged four or five times for her to be seen and when he (rightly) got agitated, she pointed at a sign saying that abusive people would not be seen! :mad1: His daughter collapsed, was taken to the nurse's room and a doctor urgently called but the poor child was dead. 70 minutes he had to sit there with his daughter dying and the bluddy receptionist wouldn't let him through to a doctor! The little girl has a twin brother who is very unhappy without his sister and her parents are in bits. I swear if that was my child I'd kill that receptionist.

• Like 2

Suzeanna that's awful! That poor family. I'm glad to say my doctors' receptionists are all lovely and do their very best to accommodate folk.

Glad you got to see your dad and step-mum Loo. I knew someone who used to have a couple of Lhaso's and they were very appealing.

Michelle I was wondering where you had got too. Sorry you had all that bother with Virgin. Is there a decent mobile company out there? In fact is there a decent company providing anything out there?

Alex how's the new job going?

Our dishwasher has died :( I had to wash up by hand this morning and as I have a problem holding things it was inevitable that I dropped something and cut my hand to buggery on it.

I have my car tax, car insurance and house insurance to pay for this week :( I might have to shelve Christmas.

Sitting in the back seat - although lots of room - does bring on slight feelings of claustraphobia as the windows are so small and you do feel pretty well hemmed in. At least I was given the front seat on the way home! :)

My new boss's car is a two door Merc. I said "could you not afford the other doors then?". I think he found it funny. Good luck with your meeting :flowers:

Alex how's the new job going?

All good so far thanks - very busy cos I'm getting lots of stuff chucked at me, but at least I know he trusts me to get on with it. Think I impressed him last week because I was asked to confirm with a company that someone had already negotiated with (and involved Sourcing after the fact, as usual). I went and negotiated an even better discount, which I think he was slightly surprised by :biggrin: Healing thoughts for your poorly hand :GroupHug:

RMF : This morning's meeting at my ex employer was interesting. Nobody there that I knew, but I suspect they had been briefed on my background. I was the very model of professionalism, asked some probing questions and will be more closely involved than my predecessor, but that is the same as I would do with any supplier and they'll get the same treatment, no more, no less.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Ello.

I'm in clean house limbo. First potential new lodger has just been, second isn't due till 6. Cue 4 hours of chasing dog hairs with assorted cleaning equipment.

Himself and I are off to Cornwall on Friday and you tell me snow is coming? Bodmin is bloody bleak enough without snow, thankyouverymuch!

• Like 1