UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Yay for Josh.

Had a lovely afternoon with the girlies.

Flippin' broadband was down most of yesterday, grrrr.

RMF : Walked through the top field yesterday with the dogs, right past the bullocks! They looked but didn't move from where they were. Felt very brave afterwards.

I guess everyone else is having a lie in :tired:

Had a lovely walk with the dogs. Went straight past the bullocks again, who are rather sweet :wub: Washed all the dog bed covers and cushion covers yesterday, which are now getting soggified again with the smell of wet dog :rolleyes:

Good luck with the knitting MAry.

Hope your bug is going Owl

Yay for Josh

Hope you feel better today Alex, well done for braving the field.

Morning all, slept very well after our hill walk yesterday. It was dry but VERY windy!

Lots to do today, but can't decide what to do first.

Afternoon

I've been stomping about in the rain Alex lol. All furries currently snoozing.

Pleased you're able to use the fields and hope lurgy has toddled off

You must have all been kernackered last night Marge.

Pleased Josh has a nice new home. Good luck to other one. You've been quiet Jazz hope you're doing ok

Hello to Barbara if you're tuning in too. Miss you and tales of Spins. I need my Spin fix you know

Owl hope you're feeling better today

Murtle good luck with the knitting think it's ok once you've got into it and done one. I used to like knitting years ago but wouldn't remember how to do it now

Hope headache is easing off Marion

Have tons of stuff to do. Was very naughty last night and just sat watching tv. So am doing a bit of work and then hitting the cleaning

• Like 1

Have felt at a loose end all weekend after deciding to cancel camping. Went to an event yesterday morning but it was so quiet and weather was rubbish we only stayed an hour or so.

Took Louie for a long walk this afternoon. The Taff is so high at the moment. Normally there is a little beach and Louie can have a paddle. I kept him on his long lead as precaution when he went in the water.

its the first anniversary of my mum dying today,so very emotional

but gone and done a rehoming, mum will be pleased.

so upset neither son could just send a text

Perhaps they are trying not to bring attention to it so as not to upset you. Typical blokes getting it wrong

Hugs Jazz.

Martyn back after his stag weekend. Hope he gets his car back tomorrow.

The water ways around here were swollen today but thanks to the environment agency keeping an eye and working on them last year we're fine. Erm touch wood.

Edited by Jacobean

Amy I am sorry the weekend didn't pan out so well for you. Good for you having the sense to put Louie on a lead - it always amazes me how many people don't apply common sense to a situation. Louie is one of my all time favourites.

Michelle did Martyn enjoy his stag weekend? Has he come back with everything he went with?

Archie is baking biscuits today. He's making double rations for Sam and Bowder as a thank you to their dad for coming to our rescue the other week.

Ruby has gone to London to 1. Pick up her Olympic helpers uniform and 2. undergo her final day of training. This is necessitating an overnight stay. The whole bloody thing is costing her fortune and there is absolutely no financial help forthcoming from the Olympic committee. I think if she had known this ahead of time she might have bowed out. She is looking on it as a once in a lifetime opportunity - she can say "I was there" but her job turns out to be as a way marker and she has stand on the street with a big plastic hand pointing out the way to Wembley :rolleyes: And for that she gets hit with a bill into the hundreds of pounds. Tis a good job we have a friend who is lending Ruby her flat in Harrow for the two weeks for free otherwise there would be a massive hotel bill on top.

Dunno about anyone else but the constant ramming down our throats of the Olympics and in particular the media coverage of the torch procession is really having the opposite effect on me - it's not making me more interested at all. I am getting weary of the whole damn thing.

sorry you've had a wasted weekend Amy.

Hope MArtyn had a good time and that you do get the car back.

Mmmmm Marion, I bet those treats go down well.

Morning all.

I had today off to get back to normal and catch up after the camping weekend. Didn't go camping, so no unpacking/washing/shopping to catch up on. I have instead, been catching up on admin type stuff and booked to take Cherry for her booster.

Thank you for your continued votes for Jack, I have looked at the votes and he has no chance of catching the leaders with 1000+ votes! However, i did not want him to be last, so i am still voting. :)

Just had an email to say that a picture of Cherry I entered in the Dogstar competition has beat hundreds of entries to get to the final 20!!! Voting takes two weeks from 12pm today and is only via Faceboook, so I know that rules a lot of people out. At least I know this is definitely a good cause, and how fab to be chosen in Cherry's gotcha week too! :cheer: :cheer:

her job turns out to be as a way marker and she has stand on the street with a big plastic hand pointing out the way to Wembley :rolleyes: And for that she gets hit with a bill into the hundreds of pounds. Tis a good job we have a friend who is lending Ruby her flat in Harrow for the two weeks for free otherwise there would be a massive hotel bill on top.

Dunno about anyone else but the constant ramming down our throats of the Olympics and in particular the media coverage of the torch procession is really having the opposite effect on me - it's not making me more interested at all. I am getting weary of the whole damn thing.

I think it's typical of this country, that we are out of pocket for these events, even though it is a great money earner for the organisers etc. They are certainly not games for the people. I hope Ruby enjoys the experience.

I think there are too many events wanting my attention this year, jubilee, Euro, Olympics, wimbledon.....The torch passes by my office next Monday and the roads will be shut for hours, just when people need to get to work. It will be gridlocked! I will have to go to work at about 6am if I want to get in!