UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

Well, that's it. I'm signed off JSA, signed on to ESA. Psychiatrist appt set for 12th March. then hopefully we'll find out if I am bipolar or if it's some form of dementia. Possible history of both in my birth family. :mecry:

I'm sorry you are having such fraught problems Fran. I'm thinking of you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's it. I'm signed off JSA, signed on to ESA. Psychiatrist appt set for 12th March. then hopefully we'll find out if I am bipolar or if it's some form of dementia. Possible history of both in my birth family. :mecry:

As much as its a frightning thought, every family will have a sufferer of some sorts so although you feel alone you are potentially in a huge group of people. Normality is relative to what you are used to. So give yourself a break because having stress endorphins flooding your body will make you feel worse.

I have PTSD and im sure every body on here either has a health issue or has someone close who does. In fact if you have either you will be in the normal group with life being so stressfull !

Talking of normal.....My daughter gets married (again) on Friday. Chinese New Year ! Middle of winter ! I have to wear a dress and proper shoes. Are we Chinese ? NO Do we like freezing weather in a dress ? NO.

Ive compromised....Im wearing black but with no pirate insignia.

:GroupHug: K9Fran :GroupHug:

Jazz....PTSD is post traumatic stress disorder :flowers:

:laugh: @all those having to do smart :laugh: mind you don't know why i'm laughing... will probably be me later this year.... what can i wear with either trainers or docs that looks smart :dry:

Houndzrus i do hope you are feeling a bit better soon :GroupHug:

had a real bad day today,took laney out and as he is FA i keep him on his lead, he will have a bit of a bark and i can settle him provided the dog doesn't come over...... needless to say the dog came over, lips curled back teeth bared with an owner who couldn't call it away or get it to go to him :rolleyes: his response...she's an 8 month puppy who knows no better :ohmy: well thats o.k then! i must have been stuck for 10 minutes not able to leave trying to hold laney (who is 30 kilos) whilst trying not to fall off my crutch, everytime i turned to walk away it was back again, i am caked in mud, scratched and aching all over all because the owner once again hasn't taught recall :mad: that is why laney stays on his lead..... i can't be held responsible for any accidents that way. end of grump!!

Fran :GroupHug: griff :flowers:

Jazz I'm sure you'll look really smart :flowers: My SIL has set a date for her wedding again later this year and I will be wearing trousers for that! I probably wont buy anything new as I've only worn the trouser and top for Nick's wedding at the evening part of the reception.

Its fecking freeeezing here :bigtonstuck:

oooo while I remember latest freebie from the MSE email, brand new online card site giving a £5 free credit to all new sign ups today using code FREEFIVE which will pay for a standard card & delivery I just ordered hubbys valentines card for nothing :blush02: its : http://www.cardtown.com/ you dont need to enter any credit card info just sign up and go to the prepay part of your account and put in the code.

Wouldn't worry too much about family history, Fran, you should see mine! :rolleyes: What matters is you, here, now.

What may have contributed to many forms of mental disturbance in the past is that we had whole generations suffering from PTSD, which of course hadn't been diagnosed except eventually as shell shock. My grandparents' generation saw society destroyed by the 1914-18 war and then my parents went through the next war with horrendous things happening and very young people having to take on major responsibilities for which they were not equipped. When I was little, the adults talked endlessly about the war, and there was even a kind of resentment towards my generation that we hadn't been through it, or were too young to know what was going on. Never mind the wartime spirit, society was in chaos, families were broken up, kids bunged off all over the place, and spurred on by the intensity of not knowing if they would be alive tomorrow people rushed into marriages with the wrong partner. Dads came back from war and couldn't connect with their families or were so militarised they couldn't express affection. Against that backdrop, you can expect to find many cases of mental illness which might not have surfaced in a more stable setting.

Hope the wedding party doesn't get too cold tomorrow, Lesley.

I avoided our playing place in the Dales as it might have been icy. Took Wispa for about a mile and a half on a flat quiet bridle path near Creswell Crags. There was one mad moment when I had to hang on to a sturdy tree (got a 30 kilo one here too, griff) but we were ok apart from that even thought there were black pheasants about which seem more tempting than the usual kind. Resting tomorrow, she will just have ball games in the garden and short evening walk with Becky.

Edited by owl

I'm considering selling hand knitted scarves on ebay and I know some on here are sellers. Is it easy or complicated? Is there a lot involved in it? I'm also trying to come up with a name for myself as I want to change my username to reflect hand knitting. Maybe wise fugees have suggestions :biggrin:

Selling on eBay is relatively easy but you incur a few costs with eBay and PayPal fees so need to factor that into your costs.

I'm not very good at coming up with nes but if you need a logo designing I could be of service :biggrin:

:GroupHug: Fran

:GroupHug: Amy

I am still full of a cold, I am so fed up with it, Mother is still in hospital and waiting for a second surgery on her leg. I had my appraisel at work today, it was a part farse, part useful but at least I got a good result.

Edited by kittycat

Very cold here - we've had a heavy overnight frost. Brrrrr. It all looks very nice though laugh.gif

I am full of cold too - it seems to be going round the whole of the UK. Amy I hope you are soon feeling better Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Ello Steph I was just wondering where you'd got too flowers.gif