UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Orations

merledogs

Thinking of Mr Hazell :GroupHug: :flowers:

Charlie is getting used to his crate rest now. It is frustrating though as I have come back to my house now, so have to trust mum and dad to remember to give him his painkillers/antibiotics/anti inflamms. They forgot last night, so I gave them to him. This morning, I left a note to remind them, but whether they will, am not sure. Am back there tomorrow, so will be back on tablet duty again. I just don't think they appreciate what a big op he has had.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired: Had an awful dream last night that one of my colleagues was murdered :(

Migraine has gone. MIL is now on a normal ward but needs to have a biopsy to find out what something is around her lungs. She's now been in hospital for a fortnight. But she's safe.

Glad your migraine is gone and hope the biopsy shows something non-nasty flowers.gif

For Mr Hazell Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Hopefully seeing his dad may actually make him feel a tad better in that he's had a chance to say a proper goodbye Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

:GroupHug: to everyone

Snow, glad you got your flu jab done

Michelle, hope they find out what is wrong

Gooster, hope poorly doglet gets the medication and rest for a quick recovery

Cheryl, hope Mr Hazell is ok after his visit

Loobie - I saw this thread on MSE and thought of you http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=576177&page=18 (if you hate ironing there might be other ideas / help on that board though.)

Afternoon

Went back to bed this morning to try and catch up on some sleep. Got more than usual but wasn't left for long :rolleyes: Going to have a clear out and clean up this afternoon of a room. Haven't decided which one yet.

Hope Mr Hazell has some comfort from having seen his dad.

Hope Charlie has had his medication.

I have been trying to find which part of the rugs the wee smell was coming from, without much success. I could smell it faintly in a couple of parts so I got the Bissell out and shampoo'd the rug which I thought was the culprit, so now the room smells lovely. However, when I moved the leather pouffe cum table, I realised that the stench was coming from the leather, so it's going to have to go.

My day went something like this ...

walk dogs

aldi

lunch

hoover

shampoo rug

read

nap

bath

pooter

Ooh radley bags are gorgeous :wub:Good luck with the job applications Alex, it's about time you found somewhere where they appreciate you :flowers:Had a bit of an argument with mum and dad last night. All evening they had been winding me up and telling me that Charlie has been going up and down stairs and they had been taking him for walks etc. Now I personally don't think that is something to joke about, so I asked them if they were actually taking things seriously, as they aren't acting like it. Mum got all arsey with me then and told me how she has made a cage bigger so he can fit in it with his lampshade on (my suggestion, she just did it whilst I was at work). Don't get me wrong, I know they wouldn't do anything on purpose to hurt him, but I just don't think that telling me he has been climbing stairs and jumping on and off sofas is very fair. I just wish I could take him home, but as I am at work all day, he'd be left for a long time.

Gooster Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Walked the mutts, shampoo'd some more carpet. Turns out the strong pee smell was on the carpet after all, one one corner of it which stank. Don't know why I didn't smell that bit yesterday when I was on my hands and knees sniffing the carpet rolleyes.gif It looks like Max and/or Timmy have been peeing on the leather pouffe thingy, some of which has absorbed into the leather and some of which has gone onto the carpet. It's gone right through the carpet so the underside stinks. I turned the corner over and scrubbed the underside, then rinsed, then put it the right way again, scrubbed some more, rinsed some more, shampoo'd some more with the Bissell and rinsed again. It still smells, but not nearly as bad as before. I have sprayed it with white vinegar to see if that helps, but am going to do some Googling to see if there is anything else I can try (on other rugs I've used white vinegar, bicarb, mixture of both, biological washing powder. Anybody got any other suggestions? flowers.gif