UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

More Police Dogs Die

Rumpole

Think I will refrane from comment as there is clearly a mental unbalance of some kind involved here.... as with the last case...I think it says as much about how the Police as a whole handle mental illness within their ranks as it does about animal cruelty, how many more are going to die before they sort themselves out?

If what I've read is true, this isn't the first time this pr*ck has done this. He should be shut in the back of a boiling hot car and left as far as I'm concerned. I just hope they sack him as well as prosecuting him, and that he does time instead of being handed community service.

I hav'nt seen anywhere that says he has done it before...I do know it happedned on a different force with another dog handler last year

If what I've read is true, this isn't the first time this pr*ck has done this. He should be shut in the back of a boiling hot car and left as far as I'm concerned. I just hope they sack him as well as prosecuting him, and that he does time instead of being handed community service.

Naturally .... it much easier to rant ... I would rather know why someone so clearly incapeable mentaly of looking after himself or any other animal was left in charge of them. and was still at work!!.. someone at the top is escaping scrutiny......

I follow the Merle school of thought.

RIP Milly and Chay :mecry:

Apparently, he went off to meeting at the Olympic site 'several hours' earlier.

He phoned from there to alert them about the dogs and they had to break into the car to get them out and give emergency treatment. They were alive but died at the vets.

He wasn't an operational dog handler but a training supervisor.

It is believed that a spaniel died in similar circumstances while in his care in 2004. He was disciplined

( obviously kept internal that time) but later promoted to sergeant.

Poor dogs. A horrible way to die.

Naturally .... it much easier to rant ... I would rather know why someone so clearly incapeable mentaly of looking after himself or any other animal was left in charge of them. and was still at work!!.. someone at the top is escaping scrutiny......

whilst there is a duty of care at work surely responsibility stops with ourselves?

However, I can't see anywhere that says this guy has issues. It talks about another officer that had issues and OCD and was prosecuted though....

if the police don't get the full sentence why should Joe Bloggs?

Edited by murtle

:mad: Having seen it happen in Nottinghamshire not so long ago it's unforgiveable for it to happen to any copper again. For it to happen to one who has done it himself previously is an absolute disgrace. Both he & The Met. as a whole should be prosecuted for the neglect of their duty.

I don't necessarily buy the meantally unbalanced thing - seems more like it could be a corrupt attempt at a defence to me - as presumably he was considered fit for duty at the time.