UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Foster Coming Soon!

Greygal

Exciting time again in our house as our next foster dog is due in a few days. Not an OC dog I'm afraid but he is an 'oldie' being a 10 year old black greyhound boy who has never been offered a forever home so has spent all his years in kennels. He is having a vet check and dental on Thursday and if all goes well will join us soon after so I hope my two oldies will welcome him nicely and show him the joys of home life. Can't wait to see what he is like and maybe find someone who is looking for an oldie just like him.:wub:

Ranger has arrived! Gorgeous big black greyhound minus most teeth but otherwise seems fine. Lots of drinking, panting and pacing as usual with a new dog out of kennels but he jumped into the car for a ride to the river and a walk with my two, laid down for the short journey, didn't try to jump out when the door was opened and walked easily on a lead.....seems like a good start. He's settled down for a rest now and I'm not sure how he'll do with eating his dinner but we'll see. He's actually 9 years old, not 10 and seems like a happy, confident boy with new people (us) and strange dogs (my two). All black except for a little white on his chest and a greying muzzle, a big boy and quite handsome so I'm hoping someone wanting an older hound will come along and snap him up. :biggrin:

:wub:

Do you know how long has he been waiting in kennels for a home?

He has been in racing kennels all his life and he is going on for ten now. When he retired he moved into their rehoming section......but nobody ever chose him. I think in the end the kennel owner just gave up on him and let visitors see the younger prettier ones but he is a lovely boy , a bit quiet and shy so probably doesn't sell himself well but he will make a cracking dog for someone wanting a calm, sensible, easy to handle boy. :wub: