UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

did I tell you the doctor overdosed her with morphine? well now shes on morphine patches and liquid. its not touching the pain, so they are going to increase it. ruddy hope they monitor it better this time.

shes been asked if she wants to go in the hospice, shes said no, when the time comes she wants to 'go' in her own home. thats ok, but she lives alone. not happy about that, but its her decision.

she can hardly walk, so looking at getting her a bed for the living room. shes admitted she needs one, so had better get it quick.

Alicia, that is the reason MIL GP wouldnt prescribe Morphine. They had to get the hospice to do it as they are more experienced with the drug. Won't your mum be elligble for care in the home? MIL had the option of care home, hospice, Night carer with three day visits for personal care or live in carer with day visits. She opted for the Live In which was actually cheaper (for the NHS) than the other options. Maybe you need to speak to her social worker and find out what help is available? :GroupHug:

Sandra, absolutely love the second photo. Great idea and I am impressed that you got them all to stay still for long enough! :biggrin:

One seat, three pics so they didn't have to stay still for too long. :wink: I did have to help Tia Baggins up though, it was a wee bit high for her to jump :wub:

Clever Sandra :biggrin:

Alicia, will your mum have someone with her? There is lots to take in on these meetings. MIL didnt remember half of what she was initially told so we arranged another meeting with family present so we could explain it to her again. :flowers:

I have really bad sugar cravings today. :rolleyes: I don't normally eat much chocolate but ate half a bag of mini cream eggs from an Easter Egg (hubby had the other half), now I am trying not to eat the egg too! :laugh:

Morning, been up for a while as the dogs kept trampeling me..

Sun is still here and I am not working today :cool: Seem to have actually done some housework over the weekend, which is good cos it was piling up - but kinda boring.

Having ordered a bed the other day, I have now ordered a wardrobe and chest of drawers :ohmy: Hubby is feeling faint from having spent money, but we do need them.

Morning :wavey:

I hope you have better luck with your new wardrobe than I did, I bought one on Friday and by Friday night it was a heap of wood on floor :laugh: DIY is not my strong point :rolleyes: it's currently held together with copious amount of no nails in an attempt to salvage it!

Morning :wavey:

I hope you have better luck with your new wardrobe than I did, I bought one on Friday and by Friday night it was a heap of wood on floor :laugh: DIY is not my strong point :rolleyes: it's currently held together with copious amount of no nails in an attempt to salvage it!

That's why I went for stuff that comes assembled :wink:

I've been to B&Q for a change. I took up two Rhododendrons, one of which I've put in a tub and one of which I moved to another part of the border (it is down to a few spindles so am hoping it will regenerate next spring). I then watered the tubs and borders back and front and then mowed the lawn, spread some lawn feed/mosskiller and watered that in. I am putting my feet up with an ice cream now, this gardening lark is way too energetic.

RMF : I have been chucking mealworms on the flat roof for the Starling family which has nested in my eaves. I hadn't put any down this morning and Mr Starling sat on the fence looking at me and reproaching me. So I chucked some on the roof and he told me off some more and then went to stuff his face and feed the babies. It was so funny, he was actually looking right at me and telling me off laugh.gifwub.gif