UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 Diet Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazz :laugh: I picked up some chocolates in Wilko discounted as well but they are for Oldies Club tombola prizes :biggrin: Have made a huge bowl of fruit salad,just waiting for it to "stew" a bit then looking forward to a bowlful with natural yoghurt.I've always bought lots of fruit flavoured yoghurts thinking they were a "good" alternative but they aren't at all :rolleyes:

Karen you are still 1 stone down from pre wedding weight and you know you can do it again flowers.gif

I use slow cookers a lot and basically I shove in what I have like butternut squash , sweet potatoes , carrots , onions , mushrooms , courgettes , celery , 1 can of tomatoes , 1 can of baked beans , pulses ( soak and cook first ) in the last hour I either put in some rice or pasta and its yummy

often I then put a portion in a overproof individual dish and top with cheese from the healthy extra allowance ( 42g if you use low fat ) and bake it and its even more yummy

I freeze off the excess so I always have something I can heat up and eat with 20 minutes

Thanks Sam :flowers: yes I can do it, am in the right frame of mind now, sounds delicious, throw it all in with some bouillon and trial and error I suppose, how many hours, 3 or 4 do?

Karen xxx

I don't use bouillon ( but there is no reason you can't ) i tend to cook mine overnight on a low heat so its about 12 hours before its done ( but thats just the way I like it ) you could make it first thing and it would be ready by dinner time no problems

weigh in for me tonight , not sure if i have lost again after last weeks amazing 4.5 pounds but if I have stayed the same that would be fab

I have a slow cooker. I just shove stuff in it, turn it on low and go to work - food cooked by the time I get home. You can cook a whole chicken and lots of other stuff as well.

Didn't have brekkie this morning, so had a couple of pears when I got into work. Hade to Kracka Wheat with turkey breast for lunch, with a couple of nectarines. For tea I had Brains Faggotts and frozen peas.

With slow cooker I live alone so wondering if a) you need to cook large amounts and b) the food can be frozen and reheated afterwards?

I've been ever so good since I started this new way of eating.Only "naughty" thing I've had has been 2 egg custard tarts,I am going to allow myself the occasional treat - as long as it is occasional ie weekly not daily :laughingsmiley: If I haven't lost anything when I get on those scales on Friday morning I will be livid.Am just loving the fresh fruit salads and find they satisfy my sweet tooth as well.

Edited by zico's mum

I live alone too, and love my slow cooker. I make enough for about 4 portions of stew. Then they get bunged in the freezer and brought out again as needed. I also put dumplings in mine when I get home, which cook whilst i get organised etc.

Just been playing on my wii fit, apparently my bmi is ideal (just) have set myself a target to lose a stone over the next 3 months.