UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

One Year On From Milly ...

merledogs

It's a year to the day since Milly died :mecry:

She was my soul dog and she has left such a huge hole in mine and the boys' lives that I don't know if it will ever be filled (and nor would I want it to).

I remember the day I brought her home. She sat in my lap and looked up at me with such adoration in her eyes that my heart melted completely. She never stopped looking at me like that, although I'm not sure I always deserved it :wub:

During her short life (6 ½ years) she gave me so much joy and taught me so much. She was always such a good girl and never gave me a moment's trouble. She loved people and went all wriggly whenever she met anyone new.

When I cried she would climb on my lap and lick my tears from my cheeks :mecry:

She was also my comedy dog and would make me snort with laughter at her funny faces.

Even after she had her leg amputated due to the cancer, and then grew a huge tumour on her neck, she still had a zest for life and would still race round the fields, in and out of the stream, and swimming in the canal - which made it even more devastating when she went.

I don't believe in the afterlife, so the most I can hope for is that she had a happy life and that she didn't feel that I let her down at the end :mecry:

Here is her life in pictures - she loved the camera and would pose nicely whenever you pointed it at her :wub:

babymilly.jpg

1962cb27.jpg

millypuppy.jpg

f3c55053.jpg

f6411c30.jpg

e7e81e26.jpg

1-9.jpg

e872345f.jpg

45e84cc8.jpg

66f55a75.jpg

More to follow ...

Thinking of you today & having lost 2 of our dogs within the last 18 months, I have some appreciation of how you probably feel, :GroupHug:

Millie was such a beautiful girl, both inside & out. Your photos are lovely. It's awful feeling you have been robbed of time you deserved & could reasonably have expected to spend together :flowers:

Hi, I don't post often, but I didn't want to read this and not comment. I hope time will help and I'm sure Millie LOVED every moment of being with you all. xx

The one pic that made me laugh of her was one where I think she'd just had a bath and had a really morose look on her face! If looks could kill! (I think she has a bath towel around her - have you got that one handy?) xx