UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is This Ibs?

Mags

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does not sound quite right for coeliac disease but it can cause major bloating and pain and can be ruled out by blood test so worth considering as you mentioned being worse after both weetabix and cheese on toast :unsure:

If it is coeliac it is caused by an auto-immune reaction to wheat, rye and barley but it is important to carry on eating food containing them until you are officially diagnosed as otherwise tests will show a false negative.

Hope you get some answers soon :GroupHug:

I had the ultrasound last Friday, supposed to have the results in about a week (although my doctor told me not to hold my breath :huh: )

The consultant was able to confirm one thing though - I don't have gallstones :biggrin:

She did ask me a few questions about menopause and now that she's mentioned it I've realised that I have been a bit touchy and quite hot a lot. So now I've something else to talk to doc about. The list just keeps getting longer

• 1 month later...

i am glad you have had your appointment through :flowers: you have had a very long wait :unsure: , i really hope you find out what is causing your discomfort :flowers:

To be honest I thought I was going to have a much longer wait. The health system here is gone to hell

Hospital tomorrow :partytime:

Can't believe I'm this excited about it but I'd really like to get some answers. I'm fed up being in pain.

Please cross everything that I get some progress tomorrow but I suspect I'll just be put on another waiting list for next procedure.

I met the consultant who is a very nice man.

He examined me and asked loads of questions and it was like watching cogs in motion as I answered and he was coming up with ideas.

He asked me did I have back pain, hip pain, was I stiff after sitting for a while or when I get up in the morning, I said yes to all of the above. He thinks it might be arthritis related. He did explain how this pain at my ribs could be connected but to be honest I didn't really understand what he said. But I thought if it is that, I'll make sure I understand then.

Now he's also not sure whether it could be bowel or stomach related so I'm going for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy on 9th Feb. And he's requesting a pelvic CT, not sure when that will happen. Blood and urine samples were also taken.

So I'm still no wiser but feel much brighter knowing that I'm being looked after and things are progressing.

Thanks for asking :flowers: