UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

tough pad isnt working properly on this

im picking up a puppy this morning. ruddy hell. what does a 4-6 month old eat? ive got a million tins of adult and a million bags of complete, but no puppy. I know pedigree chum is too rich, is chappie for all ages? can they have raw mince?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again, first day of being without a job, again, and I'm already slobbing about. The vile weather doesn't help much - I opened the door for Sparks to go in the yard, he took one look and turned back to go inside and on the sofa. Kiera's still in bed and will undoubtedly blame me for it being wet and windy, thank god we had a nice long walk yesterday so I don't have to feel too guilty about not taking them out for too long. Best get my backside in gear and do some "litter picking" in the house, after I've walked the muttlies :rolleyes:

tough pad isnt working properly on this

im picking up a puppy this morning. ruddy hell. what does a 4-6 month old eat? ive got a million tins of adult and a million bags of complete, but no puppy. I know pedigree chum is too rich, is chappie for all ages? can they have raw mince?

OOOOH puppy !! When I got Como at 10 weeks he was on raw minced tripe mixed with terrier meal.

Best of luck. How long is he/she staying with you?

Have to drive up the A1 in my tiny Smart this morning. It's going to be a white knuckle ride I think! :ohmy:

This morning we met up with our all-weather walking pals Finn and his mum Kay. We set off into the muddy woods with a black and white spotted dog and a fluffy pale yellow labradoodle and returned with a black and white spotted dog and a slicked-down black labradoodle :rolleyes: It was a bit cold but lots of fun.

Sandra, that is rotten about your window :angry:

Well done Alex with the bay window pole. :flowers:

Edited by owl

Question for the ladies - do your hormones cause memory/cognative problems? Today I have wasted utterly wasted almost the entire morning trying to do 2 simple effing jobs re-networking the office printers after a third party went in on the weekend and installed a new router after I had expressly told the boss NOT to do that! So granted I began the day irked but by 11:30 I'd gone from irked to trying to decide whether to burst into tears and go home or scream loudly, throw stuff and go home, I did neither and struggled on for another 90mins and still couldn't do it. Now I'm left thinking either I have completely and utterly forgotten how to install an effing printer despite having installed both of them several times before or that my brain simply isn't working today. I've stood in the office looking round utterly blankly for my zebra print case with my ashtray in it only to realise I was holding it in my hand :wacko: I packed my briefcase to come home only to open the back door of my car to put it inside and realise I'd left it on the chair in the office :wacko: then having got home I went to light a fag and couldn't find them cos I'd left them in the car :wacko: although I'm kinda finding it a bit funny now tbh it hasn't been funny at the time especially when for the ruddy life of me I couldn't figure out how to change the network settings - ffs thats something I have done a gazzillion times they just aren't the same as they should be, ffs the guy changed everything he renamed the SSID but didnt bother telling me what the new one is, hes changed the wep key from my alphanumeric 13 key to a numeric 10 key (why??????) and NOTHING I need is there anymore no adapter no channel no way of changing to ad hoc argggggggggggggggggggggggg even though hes done that I SHOULD have been able to figure out what he'd done but in 4 effing hours I couldn't! Is it me 'ormones?

Question for the ladies - do your hormones cause memory/cognative problems? Today I have wasted utterly wasted almost the entire morning trying to do 2 simple effing jobs re-networking the office printers after a third party went in on the weekend and installed a new router after I had expressly told the boss NOT to do that! So granted I began the day irked but by 11:30 I'd gone from irked to trying to decide whether to burst into tears and go home or scream loudly, throw stuff and go home, I did neither and struggled on for another 90mins and still couldn't do it. Now I'm left thinking either I have completely and utterly forgotten how to install an effing printer despite having installed both of them several times before or that my brain simply isn't working today. I've stood in the office looking round utterly blankly for my zebra print case with my ashtray in it only to realise I was holding it in my hand :wacko: I packed my briefcase to come home only to open the back door of my car to put it inside and realise I'd left it on the chair in the office :wacko: then having got home I went to light a fag and couldn't find them cos I'd left them in the car :wacko: although I'm kinda finding it a bit funny now tbh it hasn't been funny at the time especially when for the ruddy life of me I couldn't figure out how to change the network settings - ffs thats something I have done a gazzillion times they just aren't the same as they should be, ffs the guy changed everything he renamed the SSID but didnt bother telling me what the new one is, hes changed the wep key from my alphanumeric 13 key to a numeric 10 key (why??????) and NOTHING I need is there anymore no adapter no channel no way of changing to ad hoc argggggggggggggggggggggggg even though hes done that I SHOULD have been able to figure out what he'd done but in 4 effing hours I couldn't! Is it me 'ormones?

You sound just like me when I was sufering a lot with (or actually without) me 'ormones. I had PMS badly for years and was a screaming banshee b*tch for several days a month.

When the menopause struck I was depressed, grumpy, irrational, no memory, could barely string two words together, dropped and broke stuff all the time, some days I couldn't even be sure which side of the road I should be driving on (bear in mind I've been driving since I was 22 and have never driven anywhere but the UK!) I "lost" stuff all the time but in reality it was in my pocket, my bag or actually in my hand. DUH I still do that one a lot. For reasons I won't go into I need to have my mobile phone with me all the time. I sometimes get into a huge panic because I can't find my mobile and will be saying to the person I'm talking to on the phone, "Oh no, I've lost my mobile again." Only to be told I'm speaking to them on it. When the menopause started I had a very responsible, high profile job - I've no idea how I kept it! I'm actually loads better now (thanks to HRT)but still have some weird symptoms. OH says that's just me!!

So many :GroupHug: :GroupHug: from me and much sympathy. You are not alone.

Yes please to poopy and kitty pics flowers.gif

Yes Snow, my hormones do feck with my brain wacko.gif

RMF : Just had a nasty fall. I was putting the nets back up in the front room cos I'd washed them. I was standing on the back of a chair to do it (stupid I know) and I fell off the chair onto the floor and landed on my back. I'm okay, just a bit bruised, but it could have been a lot worse if I'd fallen onto something hard and pointy cos the room is full of stuff. Feeling a bit shaken and more determined to get the carp sorted in there.

ooooh be careful Merley one, I'm not convinced Timmy really will go and fetch help for you!

It sounds as though someone who has come to classes lots, and talked about rescue dogs with me (has one from a breeder already) and had me to do a homecheck for her on behalf of a lovely rescue....has bought a puppy :( I totally accept its her right to decide etc, but she didn't adopt the rescue dog because she felt it would be too difficult to bond with him (after one short walk) :mellow: . On the plus side she may come to puppy class, on the down side I am pretty darn disappointed :(

Spins thank you! You have made me feel a lot better when you say about the driving thing, thats it exactly! I know I KNOW how to do this stuff but feck me if I can remember how at the moment and its making me very frustrated and a little scared if truth be told I sat there this morning convinced it was completely my fault for wasting the entire morning, I was so fixated on making my brain "remember" when in actual fact it is entirely possible that the guy who set up the new router and network has done something complicated which means I couldn't do it if my brain was working right in the first place, although its equally possible he'll show up (cos I left a very ratty ansaphone message for the boss demanding he get him back to finish the damned job) and go click click click - done and make me look a complete idiot. :rolleyes:

Thanks ladies its nice to know its "normal" so thats a lovely new pms symptom to add to my collection along with the bumping into things, dropping stuff, back ache, boob aches, irritability, mood swings and pork crackling cravings. :wacko: