UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

Just think Merledogs, there may be plenty of unpleasant smelling solids flying around airwaves today, but by Monday they'll have forgotten just how unpleasant they were. :biggrin:

I'm hiding behind my director - I consulted him before I made the decision so if anyone wants to whinge about it, they can go through him :laugh:

Can Tigger come and show my dogs how it's done please :wub: and if you find your wakefulness, can you please as it where mine is, thank you :flowers:

Alex, that's brilliant! I wish I could lose some, but my little habit of eating three jam tarts in a row probably isn't helping :rolleyes:

It's quite scary once you start keeping a food diary and seeing how everything adds up, which is what I did. It's just keeping the motivation going that's the hard bit, and I have quite a bit more to lose.

RMF : I want to go home. I must remember to go to the post office on the way home and pick up my zooplus parcels which have been there for several days.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to pack away all my work clothes as they are just taking up space in my wardrobe , then I decided to rearrange all my clothes which was a very bad idea as I have a low attention span....

so now I am sitting downstairs with my laptop and every item of clothing I own is heaped on my bed laugh.gif

:GroupHug: Spins

Hope you feel better soon Jazz. :GroupHug:

Well done on the weight loss Alex :flowers:

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Note of warning - last night there was something very large, very dead and very smelly on the rocks at the end of the beach..... (yup had to wade into the sea to get as much as possible off China last night, she had a shower when we got home, another this morning, and she is still a little on the "rancid" side)...... it could well have been washed out to sea by now (along with the lead and halti I managed to drop in the dark last night!) but if the dogs make a beeline for the rocks get them back before they get there!!!!

At least it will make it easier for Jack to find them! :laugh:

My Tigger Dawgus is a unique little man - he's very much looking forward to sitting looking out of the window tonight at all the fireworks going off. I've told him he should be sympathetic to all the scared dogs who don't share his enjoyment.

Awww, Tigger. :wub: Cherry and Jack aren't scared either. I hope all the scared ones have a good night though. :GroupHug:

Houndzrus, I hope your job is secure. :flowers:

Thank you :flowers:

It was not bad news, (phew!) I won't be any worse off as we were benchmarked very slightly higher than now. We're not allowed to talk about it at work as some people won't know for another couple of weeks. :unsure:

Going to get packing now, we had wanted to leave about seven tomorrow, but it's likely to be a bit later than that.

We have lived here for 12 years, every year the station holds a massive fireworks display for the families and the whole village on the playing fields behind our house, the first year we were here we had Olaf who utterly freaked out and almost killed himself and me in total terror - for the rest of his life every single bonfire night we piled into the car drove to the middle of Salisbury plain and stayed there until we had a phone call to say the main event was over and we could come home. All bar 1 year when Rob was overseas and I couldn't get away for some reason we have continued this with Nog who hasn't ever shown any issues with fireworks he seems to quite like them as they go off round here fairly frequently (summer balls x 2, classics on the wing, new year etc.) :rolleyes: but we have taken no chances with the big display albeit that we have changed location from Salisbury plain to a Mc'Donalds drive thru car park where we have our tea whilst waiting for the all safe :laugh: this means I have only ever seen the display twice. We had been intending to do the same as usual tonight, however, on Sunday whilst the 3 of us (me, Rob & Nog) were stood in the open doorway giving out trick or treat sweets some idiot let off a rocket and Nog didn't turn a hair- (unlike me who swore loudly at whichever moron was responsible). So tonight we are staying in the warm and I shall watch from my office window, first sign of Nog getting upset and we'll pile in the car and go elsewhere.

Have a lovely time Marge :wavey:

Alex, well done on losing 10lbs, any tips for the rest of us please :flowers:

I have my friend's greyhound girlie here for b&b tonight :wub: Her family is having a big party and she was petrified last bonfire night. She came in (the dog, not my friend), checked out the bed opportunities, had a big Mr Whippy poo in the living room (my fault, missed the signs) and has been sleeping on the bed pretty much ever since. No fireworks yet though, fingers crossed she will be OK. I may not give her back, she's gorgeous.

so now I am sitting downstairs with my laptop and every item of clothing I own is heaped on my bed laugh.gif

Are we related? unsure.gif

I think it must be Ben's 1st gotcha day soon unsure.gif.

First Christmas pressie's bought, 1 pair of Sealskin socks and one scarf....not very imaginative but tough rolleyes.gif.

Happy Gotcha Day Bendolina (whenever it is) :partytime:

Marge - pleased the new was good flowers.gif

Snow - enjoy the fireworks flowers.gif

Alex, well done on losing 10lbs, any tips for the rest of us please :flowers:

Yes, just stop eating everything you enjoy and you're halfway there rolleyes.giflaugh.gif Seriously, I cut out crisps and sweets during the week and eat healthily - no snacking except on fruit and eating yoghurt for dessert instead of ice cream which I used to have. Weekends I eat pretty much what I like including pizzas, spare ribs, etc, but it's surprising how quickly you get used to not eating certain foods. I hadn't had a packet of crisps for weeks, so treated myself one weekend and I actually didn't enjoy them at all. Also, keep a food diary, the visual guilt will definitely have an effect. I can honestly say that after the first few days I haven't felt hungry at all. My next step which I started today is to cut out bread during the week, so I'm eating Ryvitas with yummy stuff on instead. I will allow myself a small bloomer for my bacon butties on a weekend, but during the week won't touch bread at all. I have also eaten lots of fresh soups (like the covent garden ones), cos they make you feel full.

yup the boss who has now been told the fault is with the pc and it was a coincidence that it happened same time as talktalk had a service outage which is now fixed

Snow I have just spent 30 days without internet access because of talktalk upgrading my line.

I spent many hours talking to their techie people and nothing changed. They said that the line was fine, what they didnt say was that although the broadband was working, the speed was so slow that the modem couldnt pick it up.

It took 30 days, hours of phone calls, and an engineer coming to my house to find the problem, it took one phone call to increase the speed and solve the problem. Even he said it was ridiculous.

0845 6632200 is the status update phone number, it'll say if theres a problem on the line.

I found talktalk wanted to blame my modem or router, rather than accept the problem was theirs.

rmf. I have had a good day spending money. B&Q are selling a washing machine for £219.00, about £50 cheaper than anyone else. This weekend they are doing 15% off with a voucher = £186.00 hurrah! (tesco are selling the same machine for £289.00)

:GroupHug: to everyone with unhappy dogs. May it rain heavily.

Edited by BeadyP

Greyhound girlie guest is a bit upset now that the big bangs have started. She's taken herself into a dark corner and is just lying quietly, coming out occasionally and licking her lips and going back in. I've put her own bed in the space where she is lying, and I've got the tv, radio and lights on to drown the noise out and I'm just pottering about as usual, cooking tea etc and not fussing her. Is that the right thing to do? Whuppety Jake is not bothered in the least so I'm hoping his calmness will help her.

We are not going tracking tomorrow, our target the wire-haired viszla has been caught by her best viszla friend. He was taken out on a long line and she came and greeted him - and he was so pleased to see her that he jumped over her, whizzed round her, and got her completely tied up and unable to move :laugh: We are very relieved she is tucked up at home tonight.

We have some bangs going off further down the hill, but Polly can't hear them and Wispa thinks someone is out shooting which she is fairly used to. She can't see the fireworks from downstairs, and I've shut the door to upstairs so she can't get to the windows. It's the displays in the sky which she finds scary.