UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pls Wish Us Luck

oscarsmum

:ph34r_anim: hello fugees - it been a while - I just seem to lurk these days... :blush02: Hope you and your dogs are all well.. :liebe94: Its been just over 18 months since Oscar went to the bridge - we keep thinking about getting another dog but the timing never seems right for one reason or another... :thumbsdown_anim: i got a call from a kennels we help out at recently - one of the regular kennelers is needing a foster home for 6-12 weeks - the little boy in the house was admitted to hospital on Saturday for emergency brain surgery and the owners need someone to look after Alex (the 6 year old Lhasa Apso) for 6-12 weeks as they're spending all their time at the hospital with their son. We're arranging the handover with his mum and will hopefully collect Alex on Saturday :biggrin: Its a good way for us to get back into having a dog, and will hopefully take a worry off the poor mum's mind at this difficult time. We've looked after lots of friends dogs whilst they're on holiday since losing Oscar, but this will be the longest one so far!

Well done for doing this - don't worry about it, it will be fine. :flowers:

My friend moved to France and so we looked after her old dog for a few weeks whilst she got sorted out over there. It was a bit upsetting when she came back to collect her, because she'd slotted in so well here, but it felt nice to have been able to help.

thank you all for your good wishes :flowers: i'm really looking forward to meeting little alex :wub: i've seen a pic of him that his mum texted me but cant wait to meet him in the flesh :biggrin: i've spoken with his mum again tonight, she's arranged for someone to sit with her son on sunday afternoon, so that's when she's going to bring him round to our house (we thought that if his mum brings him, with all his stuff, bed, toys, etc - rather than us picking him up from her house, it'll make him feel as comfortable as possible, plus she'll be able to see where he'll be). She asked tonight if it would be ok if she takes a pic of us with alex so she can show her son who's looking after him.. i said of course, and that we can send her regular pics (of course!). As i said, his mum is bringing all his bed, toys and things round, as well as food (which i didnt expect..). I feel a bit nervous, but mostly excited to meet the little chap :biggrin: