UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Breeds/mixture Is Buttons?

Fee

Buttons arrived in an Oldies Club foster home yesterday and I keep looking at her picture trying to decide what breeds are in there and have come to the conclusions that.................... I haven't a clue! rolleyes.gif

The pictures was taken by her previous owner and isn't brilliant, I hope we'll have some better ones from her fosterers soon. I *think* I can see a bit of collie in there (she's collie sized), but goodness knows what else or where the brindly bits come from.

Buttons.jpg

She's a very sweet girl whatever is in there, her fosterers seem very taken with her (but Will Not Fail.....) wub.gif

Yes, I would have guessed some lab in there but as you say who knows. We had our delightful Chloe DNA tested to satisfy our curiosity and she turned out to be Collie/Basset Hound.Italian Greyhound/ESS and noone would have guessed that!!!!

Really! :laugh:

Button has Lab ears /staffie brindle /collie nose + size /GSD colouring. :wub:

Very cute.

Edited by safneo

Collie/lab/staffie and that lovely long muzzle - where did that come from! My daughter has a very beautiful young dog who is supposed to be a lab cross and he is the prettiest, slightly built boy with a silky coat and feathers and the colouring of a red setter!

This little oldie sounds wonderful, hope she is homed soon - or even stays where she is?

• 1 month later...

I collected Bessie from her wonderful fosterers nearly two weeks ago. She has been a star!

She slept downstairs on the first night with free run of the house and the first I knew she was standing beside my bed at 7am.

Regarding her breed, I agree with the previous comments but would just like to register her as a "Unique" breed!

She travels well, loves a dog-savvy three year old who regularly visits, likes other dogs and has good recall.

How lucky are my sister and I that we were allowede to give this lovely girl a home.

Thanks so much for joining us here and for the update, it's wonderful to hear that Bessie Buttons has settled in so well biggrin.gif flowers.gif

She is definitely a fine example of a Uniquehound (and a very lucky one at that to have found a lovely home) wub.gif