UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

This Is Why Your Dog Is Fat

cycas

My mother insisted that her dog didn't get titbits despite him being fat.

While we were having this conversation she was having a cup of tea and eating digestive biscuits- one bite for her and the rest of the biscuit to the dog, one bite for her and the rest of the biscuit to the dog.

When I pointed this out to her that she had just given him two digestive biscuits her mouth fell open.

She honesty didn't realise that she was doing that.

:laughingsmiley:

Years ago, when we took Lily to training there was a family with a fat choccy lab. The choccy lab scrounged at dinner time, so their solution was get the humans food onto the table, put the dog's food in his bowl, then everyone race to eat their food first. You can imagine how much food they gave the dog to keep it occupied and what all their digestive systems must have been like :ohno02:

Ian - this is the link to the video on

I put the link to this on my Facebook page, and said it was aimed at certain members of the family (i.e. Dave!) As he persists in feeding the dogs from the table - even the kids don't do that!

His response was the complain because I threw some of Sunday's roast potatoes in the recycling caddy instead of giving them to the dogs....... :rolleyes:

OMG it's Benji ohno02.gif laughingsmiley.gif

I should point out that he doesn't deliberately get fed when we're eating, but somehow he manages to get away with sitting under the table and anything dropped is fair game! I guess house rules don't apply when you are ancient, nearly blind and very deaf wub.gif

Ian - this is the link to the video on

Thankyou, You Tube is blocked on here (maybe it's a conspiracy or I'm just not meant to see this thing! :ohmy: ) but I'll have a look at that on another machine shortly :flowers:

I put the link to this on my Facebook page, and said it was aimed at certain members of the family (i.e. Dave!) As he persists in feeding the dogs from the table - even the kids don't do that!

His response was the complain because I threw some of Sunday's roast potatoes in the recycling caddy instead of giving them to the dogs....... :rolleyes:

:huh: Oh dear, I'm with Dave "in the naughty club" I'm afraid & so are Tara & Thor! We aren't blind, nearly deaf or really old either :rolleyes:

Edited by Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely eat a meal without saving the dogs a little bit of it. However, I don't let them get fat, I like them a certain shape and if they start to put weight on, I reduce the amount of food they get, it ain't rocket science

But Bumpy Max does get a bit more leeway than the others cos he's my speshul boy wub.gif