UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Say Hello To Miley

chickentikka

After Bubbles died I had a huge great hamster hole in my heart :mecry: Just before I went on holiday Ems my 'up the road neighbour' told me that a schoolfriend of her daughter had a little baby syrian looking for a new home as they were a biter and no good with children. Ems was going to take the hamster in until I got back, but apparantly they were too dangerous to move :ohmy:

This evening I finally brought home Miley :wub: (already named :laugh: ) another little hamster in a tiny but fashionable box of a cage with no toys or means of exercise :angry: I left her to chill in her new surroundings for a couple of hours then snuck up to see how she was doing and grabbed a sneaky pic.

Weeeeee, I've got a wheel, didn't have one of these before

047.jpg

The hissing has stopped, I think we'll be just fine :wub:

Edited by chickentikka

Oh how pretty!

We've taken in 3 hammys this year, the last hissed for a whole hour when she arrived, she had a poorly mouth and she has some damage to her teeth, shes had antibiotics and is mostly on baby food (baby rice and porridge) as she struggles with hard food, this means she'll need a very close eye kept on her teeth, but shes happy, relaxed, eats well

Pretty girl! I love hamsters...but I think Dylan and Rosie would view one as food, and spend their time devising ways to get at it :rolleyes: We had one of those two storey cages, and I noticed one day that Belinda, our syrian, had made herself a lovely bed out of the bottome of the curtains, which hung very handily right behind the top deck! Luckily it didn't show too much when they weren't drawn... :laugh: