UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2010 Strictly Fred

merledogs

Pamela surprised me, she was great. Matt Baker was great too, although he's had previous training and has even entered dance contests in a clip from another documentary I've seen. Thought Scott Maslen's waltz was brilliant, who ever thought the waltz could be sexy? wub.gif I love his dance partner though, she's one of my favourite professionals.

Mind you a lot of people they've had on in the past have been good at the ballroom, but not so much the latin, or vice versa, so it remains to be seen who will be good at both.

Edited by merledogs

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: Am I wrong to have thought Anne W was quite funny? (in a nice way)

I thought that she was sweet and funny.

Also always thought that Gav was a bit of a big headed knob (that'll teach me to read dodgy newspapers), he's shy and got a lovely sense of humour.

I'm supporting teams Pamela and Gav :biggrin:

Felicity Kendall was such a disapointment, I thought she would be seriously good. Paul Daniels sadly looks like ET but was quite dainty and light on his feet, he may improve if he takes it seriously but is it possible to take him seriously! :laugh: Thought Pamela was so elegant but wonder if she will do Latin as well.

I may have missed a few of the more technical points of some of the dances and I was watching the new professional men perhaps a tad too closely :laugh:

I enjoyed Anne bantering with Craig, and I am sure she will be dreadfull at latin next week. I hope though, that the voting public dont keep her in for too long at the expense of celebs who are dancing well as the weeks go by

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a fan of Goldie but surely he wasn't the worst act on that stage?

I'm not much of a "techie" when it comes to dancing either (though I think I could be temped to learn) as I do rather like some of the lines on the show :wink:

Gavin Henson's a bit full of himself though isn't he?

Gavin is a very shy bloke very very shy, he also has a very wicked and dry sense of humour which is classic Welsh, I burst out laughing when he said "at least I look good" that was very much a classic Gavin peetake of himself and the media. You also have to remember unlike the sport celebs that have been on there he is still very much a live prospect for returning to the game and a professional sportsman whatever the sport these days has to have supreme confidence in their abilities - I thought it a very telling comment on 71 degrees North when he said he couldn't believe how all these actors and tv celebs were so full of self doubt and had low self esteem - he did find it really surprising.

Personally I want to see him out asap so he can play for the Barbarians in December and Wales in the World Cup BUT I wouldn't put it past him to throw himself into Strictly and do quite well as he is VERY competitive it all depends on how much he wants to genuinely get back to the day job. BTW hubby was in school with Gav's dad and MIL still lives in the same village as the family.

Gavin Henson's a bit full of himself though isn't he?

I thought he was going to be full of himself, but he's the complete opposite. I get his sense of humour, very self deprecating and dry.

Anne Widdecombe can barely feckin walk let alone dance, but as usual the good ole' British voting public will keep her in at the expense of some of the better dancers, and Paul Daniels as well :rolleyes:

I thought Scott was fabulous on Saturday :wub:

Didn't think Pamela's salsa was brilliant either, dunno what the fuss was all about.

Edited by merledogs

Oh, really?

I've only seen one of the 70 degrees north show & can't think of many Welsh people I've actually met - most obvious one in my mind was a teacher at school - but

I usually think of myself as reasonably perceptive but his humour went over my head I'm afraid - I was at my Mums & actually said to her "I love me, who do you love" - if he'd said something about people voting for him due to his ugliness / out of the sympathy vote I might have got it.

Confidence, competitiveness etc is fine, but arrogance something else & I wonder whether others get this humour as I read somewhere he & Scott Maslan had words, Gavin wasn't proving popular on set etc?

Either way, even as a straight man I can see that he has a good physique & secretly maybe it's a little envy / that I aspire to a similar six pack but am just too idle to hit the gym :laugh:

I can't see him winning it on performances so far - I reckon Kara & Matt, maybe Scott are the ones to beat at the moment - but I still wouldn't put any money on him making that barbarians appearance just yet I don't think.

You also have to remember unlike the sport celebs that have been on there he is still very much a live prospect for returning to the game and a professional sportsman whatever the sport these days has to have supreme confidence in their abilities

Anorak alert - what about Jade Johnson

but I can't wait until Gav gets some self confidence and starts to shake his thing :biggrin:

Anorak alert - what about Jade Johnson

but I can't wait until Gav gets some self confidence and starts to shake his thing :biggrin:

:ohmy: But he can't do that, not on National TV, especially not at that time of an evening :wink:

Who on earth is Jade Johnson?