UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My New House

Mrs Mop

Last September, 4 hours after Gracie was pts, my house was sold and we moved in on 4th Decekmber 2009.

Lots of work was needed including making the garden secure, after a lot of thought I decided to go for quality and easy maintainance.

I will put each part in a seperate post to make it easier to read.

This is my fencing,

newfence.jpg

6 months on and my conservatory is finished, the patio is pressed concrete and the garden fenced off as well as lots of colour.

fencethatIputup.jpg

Bottom of the garden

Garden230610.jpg

Patio as it is now.

Garden4.jpg

Bench.jpg

Garden5.jpg

Bistrotable.jpg

Bathroom - before it was horrible, it looks a lot better than it was on the photos, the shower didn't work and the shower curtain so so covered in mold that it wouldn't wash off.

OldBathroombathandshower.jpg

Oldbathroomtoilet.jpg

OldBathroomwashbasin.jpg

New bathroom, the bath has been taken out and a shower the size of the bath put in, the walls are not tilede but it is a tonge and grove plastic sheets, the walls look lovely.

Unfortunately you can't see the shower properly thanks to the reflection.

Newbathroom3.jpg

Newbathroom1.jpg

My new radiator

Newbathroom2.jpg

There has been other work done, the drive is in pressed concrete to look like cobbles, the loft has been boarded up and a loft ladder put in. 2 doors have been replaced, the electrics checked and a burgler alarm put in.

Thanks to Merlin and Ellie who are well over there limit for insurance, between them they have completely wiped my money out :laugh:

wow, what a transformation, very modern and such clean lines. I bet you're chuffed to bits with it. :biggrin:

Thhank you, I have gone for easy maintainance makes housework so much easier when you get to my age. :laugh:

All the big jobs have been done, I do need to decorate from top to bottom now but that will have to wait.

Wow! That all looks great :flowers:

Can I ask how long it takes for the pressed concrete to set (and how long the dogs have to stay off if) please? We need some new paths / patio and I jokingly said the other day that if there was a way to have pretty concrete then that would be my choice - didn't realise it existed :ohmy: