UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kizzi

Laura_E

Kizzi arrived in foster with me this afternoon and is an absolute sweetheartwub.gif

kizzi5.jpg

After her previous owner left she was having a bit of a cry, so I decided to take her and Tess out for a walk to distract her. We ended up going to Virgina Waters for three hours, but I think Kizzi could have quite easily managed another six!

kizzi4.jpg

I have been SO proud of my cat Bobby, who is normally a bit of a wuss, but after observing Kizzi from the dinning table for a few minutes he decided to bite the bullet and went straight over to her and had a good sniff. After deciding she was ok, he plonked himself down right in front of her (legs akimbo) and started cleaning himself! laugh.gif I don't think Kizzi knew what to make of him! Molly hasn't been quite so brave and has decided to live upstairs for the time being, at least until she has sussed her out a bit more. I think they will all be fine within a few days.

I don't think Kizzi will be waiting for long as she is a lovely girl, and also very pretty- as you can see. biggrin.gif

kizzi.jpg

She is rather lovely wub.gif

I've noticed that like many females, she has a shoe obsession. She has accumulated quite a collection in the last few days, but her taste leaves something to be desired! So far she has managed to hoard two of my old smelly plimsolls, one of my house mates ancient slippers, one of his trainers and a pair of my socks! laugh.gif She likes to sleep with them in her basket for some reason wacko.gif

She has been a little star with the cats and hasn't even tried to sniff them. She is quite happy to just watch them from the comfort of her bed. Even Molly was sitting in the living room with us last night, and she has even started to walk past Kizzi- albeit as low and as slow as she can possibly go- but it is progress.

Her previous owner gave me her KC pedigree papers, but I think there must have been some labrador in her lineage many moons ago as she is the greediest dog I have ever known! She will literally eat anything that you put in front of her and can hardly contain her excitement when you are dishing up her dinner. She also knows that 5 O'clock is dinner time and stands in the kitchen waiting to be fed on the dot! It is quite funny really, as she is such a pretty, dainty little thing- but she scoffs her food down like pig. Even Tess looks at her in amazement.

They are both getting on really well, but Kizzi did make a play for Jake the GSD this morning- so Tess wasn't too impressed that she was muscling in on her man! laugh.gif

Edited by Laura_E

Her previous owner gave me her KC pedigree papers, but I think there must have been some labrador in her lineage many moons ago as she is the greediest dog I have ever known! She will literally eat anything that you put in front of her and can hardly contain her excitement when you are dishing up her dinner. She also knows that 5 O'clock is dinner time and stands in the kitchen waiting to be fed on the dot! It is quite funny really, as she is such a pretty, dainty little thing- but she scoffs her food down like pig. Even Tess looks at her in amazement.

No need for labrador for a spaniel to be like that :laugh: She sounds just like Clive in that way, he won't come up for air while there's still food to gulp down, he won't leave the kitchen if he considers he's not had enough food (longest he's stayed in there was 30 mintues with the door wide open), and he would consider the notion of self-regulation or 'being full' as sacrilege.

I love her shoe fetish :wub:

I've noticed that Kizzi has been rubbing her chops on the carpet quite a bit since she arrived. I tried giving her teeth a brush earlier to see if that might help, but it hasn't. She whimpers a little when she does this, so I am wondering if it something that I should be concerned about.

I'll be taking her to the vets this week to get checked over, but I was just wondering if anyone with cocker experience knew what it might be? unsure.gif

Give her jowls a really good clean with hibiscrub or something similar if you don't have it.

Give them a good smell before you do to see if there is a strong odour (yum!), might be a lip fold infection, cockers with their generous jowls do get those quite easily.

While you're at it give her a kiss from me :wub:

Thank you flowers.gif

Is it ok to use hibiscrub on the inside of her mouth? I've never used it before so am a bit clueless! She also has a very dry, crusty nose. The last cocker that I fostered did as well, so I'm not sure if it's a typical trait or something I should be concerned about, she seems pretty healthy otherwise.

And yes I shall be sure to give her a kiss, she loves to be lavished with attention so it will be gratefully received! laugh.gif

Here are some pictures from todays walk- any excuse to show her off! rolleyes.gif

kizzi2.jpg

kizzi3.jpg

Thank you flowers.gif

Is it ok to use hibiscrub on the inside of her mouth? I've never used it before so am a bit clueless! She also has a very dry, crusty nose. The last cocker that I fostered did as well, so I'm not sure if it's a typical trait or something I should be concerned about, she seems pretty healthy otherwise.

Yes you can use hibiscrub on the inside. Dry crusty nose is definitely not a spaniel trait, maybe she's just a bit under the weather? If you're going to the vets ayway get their opinion.