UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kizzi

Laura_E

Kizzi was not a happy girl at the vets today, I'm sure she now thinks I am the devil incarnate!

She had to endure having her ears prodded and cleaned, her teeth and gums inspected and drops in her eyes (all of which I now have the pleasure of continuing twice daily). But the worst part by far was when she had to have her anal glands emptied. She has been scooting around on the carpets quite a bit in the last few days, so I thought it was best to get them seen to and she definitely needed them done- but she was so upset by the whole thing she was shaking mecry.gif

She has also been given some anti-biotics for her gums as she does have an infection. But they are being administered in treat form (wrapped in a bit of chicken) so she doesn't mind that too much!

Even though she clearly found the whole thing very distressing, she behaved so well and didn't once act aggressively. Bless her.

...and as if I wasn't already the evil foster mum from hell, I've ordered her one of these....

fe79_12.jpg

It's to stop her ears getting in her food and covered in grass seeds, but I don't think she'll appreciate it very much!

Oh poor Kizzi but she will look so cute in her ear protector snood so maybe she'll forgive you! Dogs with anal gland problems often benefit from having a teaspoon of natural bran sprinkled over their food daily so that might be worth trying to help prevent future problems.

Oh poor Kizzi but she will look so cute in her ear protector snood so maybe she'll forgive you! Dogs with anal gland problems often benefit from having a teaspoon of natural bran sprinkled over their food daily so that might be worth trying to help prevent future problems.

Thanks flowers.gif

To be honest (without meaning to be too graphic!) she is very regular and her motions are always solid, so I was quite surprised that she was scooting. She has pancreatitis so can only be fed on chappie (which stinks sick01.gif). Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I would actually be happy to pay for more expensive food just to stop my house from stinking to high heaven! Of course, it doesn't help when she eats that and then rubs her chops all over the sofas, carpets etc! rolleyes.gif Not that she can help it, bless her. Hopefully the anti-biotics will sort that out.

Oh, poor Kizzi! You must post photos of her in her snood for us to laugh at sympathise with :laugh:

I thought the main thing with pancreatitis was that the food needs to be low fat, so surely you could change her to something different with a similar fat content? (I agree with you on Chappie, I know it's a decent cheap food, but - well - Ew. Also it gave Az sloppy poo and he was a bit pongy on it too) Royal Canin do a pancreatitis food, worth a try...?

Edited by cycas

I saw on the Oldies Club Facebok page last night that Kizzi is now reserved. Bless her. biggrin.gif

I have booked her an appointment at the groomers for Thursday, so I think she is keeping her paws crossed that her new owners rescue her from her evil foster mum asap before I inflict her to any more cruel treatments!

She is a very lucky girl to have been snapped up so quickly. Hopefully she will go somewhere that will really spoil her, she definitely deserves it after everything she has been through.

• 2 weeks later...

Kizzi is expecting a special visit this Sunday from a miniature schnauzer and a cocker spaniel (and some people too!) to see how they all get on. If introductions go well she will be going off to her new home. mecry.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm sure she will settle quickly as she has built up a very strong bond with me in the short time that she has been here, so much so that I can't even go to the loo without her whinging outside the bathroom door! She also likes to sit in the bathroom whilst I am in the bath and makes a bed out of my towels and has even tried to climb in with me on a few occasions! wacko.gif She is a strange dog! laugh.gif

I'm sure she will be very happy, but she will be missed here.

Kizzi went to her new home this afternoon mecry.gifbiggrin.gif

She slept for most of the time that her new owners were here, but they seemed very happy with her anyway. In fairness, she had a very tiring day yesterday at the Egham Royal Show- where she won two rosettes in the companion dog show for best veteran and best rescue. (I have pictures but need help uploading them rolleyes.gif).

Tess also entered the Scruffts heats, but only got second place so didn't qualify. The whole time Tess was in the ring Kizzi barked like a maniac to express her disapproval at being parted from her best friend, bless her. But she now has two new best friends to play with and I'm sure she will be very happy.

Tess looks a bit lost, but she'll soon get used to having all the attention back on her, I'm sure.

We will miss Kizzi a lot, but I am sure that she will make her new owners very happy. wub.gif

Im still waiting for pictues of Kizzi in her snood :D

After a 10 minute battle get the snood on, it took her about 2 seconds to get it off again, so unfortunately I had to jump ship and admit defeat!!!